Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the help of @GsiTurbo, This mod is easy, you start off by taking off 4 clips on each side of the bumper from the wheel liner. Then you find the plug and unclip it. Then you will snip two wires (red and green) you link them together and link it back together with just the green wire coming from the plug. Tape it up and leave the other red/orange wire alone disconnected and tape up the end and your all set! Remember you will have to do this on both sides. Each side takes about 5 minutes

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Glad it worked out for you. The only thing i would be worried about is either circuit backfeeding the other but apparently it isnt an issue (youd have known by now).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad it worked out for you. The only thing i would be worried about is either circuit backfeeding the other but apparently it isnt an issue (youd have known by now).
Thanks man! Yeah it works fine and I tried cycling through with the lights on and off a bunch of times and had no issues. Between the light changes there is about a half second delay in the power so it seems to work perfect. I will let people know if there’s ever a problem with doing this

·
Registered
126 Posts
So make it simple is to disconnect the R/O wire from PIN 2. Connect this R/O wire to PIN 1 together with the existing G/B wire.

Is it right?

Is it possible to take out the R/O and G/B wire form PIN 2 and PIN 1 socket without cutting? Then joining them together and put it back to PIN 1?

I don't want to void the warranty.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So make it simple is to disconnect the R/O wire from PIN 2. Connect this R/O wire to PIN 1 together with the existing G/B wire.

Is it right?

Is it possible to take out the R/O and G/B wire form PIN 2 and PIN 1 socket without cutting? Then joining them together and put it back to PIN 1?

I don't want to void the warranty.
Yes you got it!

As for taking out the wires from the socket I have no idea, I’m not very skilled at wiring and stuff but it doesn’t seem like they come out easily.

I don’t think it would void your warranty, unless your LEDs stopped working or something very specific to your lights was to occur or you had another wiring problem. If you ever had a problem just cut the wires again and wire them how they came from factory and cover it up with electrical tape. (Before doing this mod the wires are wrapped in a paper type of electrical tape anyways)

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
As for taking out the wires from the socket I have no idea, I’m not very skilled at wiring and stuff but it doesn’t seem like they come out easily.
You need one of these:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Finally had time to re-wire yesterday. There's no way to take the cable out of the socket. So still need to cut two cables and joined them today as mentioned from the above socket position.
I noticed the color of the cables were not the same to left side and right side.
Well, it really worked and help a lot for lower ground level vision during the night time.

Thanks a lot for the advise from Edsonvin and GsiTurbo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
any updates on this diy
Finally had time to re-wire yesterday. There's no way to take the cable out of the socket. So still need to cut two cables and joined them today as mentioned from the above socket position.
I noticed the color of the cables were not the same to left side and right side.
Well, it really worked and help a lot for lower ground level vision during the night time.

Thanks a lot for the advise from Edsonvin and GsiTurbo.
just woundering how this "mod" has worked out thinking abot tackling it my self. do you still have the drl setup like this and if so have you had any issues with them ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
There was no issue so far after the rewired but as I mentioned from the above. The only strange I noticed was the orange side marker was always on like DRL.
I have already trade my ES to 2019 Elantra recently. The DCT seemed going to die so better to trade as the factory warranty was just expired.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts