Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started out way back in '05 with my first brand new car, a Tiburon GT in tidal wave blue. Totaled it in spring of '14 (RIP Max) and picked up a brand new 14 Veloster Turbo in Ultimate Black w/ the Ultimage package. Modded the crap out of it - full bolt-ons and a tune at 248WHP. Drove like a little beast, but it just wasn't the car I ultimately wanted. Had it in for some service this past weekend and, while waiting on a ride, test drove the Elantra Sport. The next day the salesman made me an offer on the VT I couldn't refuse, especially with the sweet deal I got on the Elantra. Fully loaded - Infinity sound system, navigation (who needs it with Android Auto though?), sunroof... all the goodies. I walked out with the VT paid off plus a little extra and lower monthly payments by a substantial amount. Enter Lola, my '17 Elantra Sport in electric blue!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I presume we can expect you to be modding the heck out of the ES as well? And just because you mentioned Lola and Max, what was the name of the VT ?!

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forums. I presume we can expect you to be modding the heck out of the ES as well? And just because you mentioned Lola and Max, what was the name of the VT ?!
The VT was Stella. :)

I think my modding on the ES will be much, much more mild than what I did to the VT.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome, Glad to see you made it! I was going to ask if you had heard of this yet!
Tyson
Hey! How's it goin', Tyson! Took me a while to find a decent Elantra forum. The other ones are either dead or you can't get mod approval to post anything once you register.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She's treatin' me real well so far. I'm really digging the factory FMIC. Was monitoring it today in Torque and saw that it keeps temps at about 20 over ambient and cools air very quickly. The only place that I see it being not so great is at lower speeds - the old 845 one I had w/ upgraded core on the VT kept things cooler overall (but not by much - 3 - 5 degrees) but specifically did a fantastic job at low speeds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts