Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently heard about performance parts that will be Hyundai approved and will not void my warranty. I just purchased my es in may and I want to make her more racy, but do not want to mess up my warranty.

With that said, I cannot find what parts they have approved. My google searches have failed me. Any info will be awesome. Please and thank you.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
This "list" you heard about was for the Veloster N only. Does not pertain to any other vehicles.

My general advice for questions like this is that if you are worried about voiding your warranty, don't modify the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, bummer lol
and fair enough. Opinions then, Is the 2019 es reliable enough to mod and take care of and likely have no issues. or am I gonna screw myself?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Okay, bummer lol
and fair enough. Opinions then, Is the 2019 es reliable enough to mod and take care of and likely have no issues. or am I gonna screw myself?
Car has had the same drivetrain since 2017. It's pretty reliable overall, the main issues I have seen are with the DCT transmission. Some misfire things here and there which are usually coilpack related. I have 60k miles and have had the cooling fan motor replaced twice under warranty because it was noisy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car has had the same drivetrain since 2017. It's pretty reliable overall, the main issues I have seen are with the DCT transmission. Some misfire things here and there which are usually coilpack related. I have 60k miles and have had the cooling fan motor replaced twice under warranty because it was noisy.
That's good to hear, I do have the MT and have already had a clutch slave cylinder replaced under warranty. so I was immediately a lil cautious.

·
Registered
30 Posts
From my experience, you can mod but if something breaks due to modification it will not be covered. I have a full bolt on big turbo gti and ive had warranty work done no issues.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
From my experience, you can mod but if something breaks due to modification it will not be covered. I have a full bolt on big turbo gti and ive had warranty work done no issues.
It greatly depends on the dealer. I saw a guy recently have warranty work denied for having an intercooler resonator delete pipe, which is a 6" piece of tubing. On the other hand my car is quite modded and my dealer doesn't care.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts