Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyundai is going to launch a "Click to buy" website that'll allow you to do complete an entire purchase of a new car from your home or office. From what I'm reading, it'll give you a trade-in price for a part-exchange car, let you choose your specs, pay a deposit, sort out finance, and arrange when and where the car gets delivered.

You'll still be able to get discounts, and it'll be much easier than having to negotiate with a sales rep because Hyundai UK will be cutting their margins.

For example, the manufacturer’s recommended retail price for a Hyundai i10 1.0 SE is £10,000, its price on Click To Buy is fixed at £8995, so buyers will automatically get a £1000 discount.
Apparently the Elantra Sport isn't up there just yet, but it will be.

Check out the rest of the info here if you're interested : Hyundai launches online buying service for new cars | Autocar

Do you think this is a good idea or not?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I do like this idea.. but it's just not for me. I'm more of an in-person, rubbin' elbows kind of guy. Sometimes it works out to your benefit a lot more but admittedly, you do have to put in much more work than just clicking a few buttons.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It sounds convenient, but I assume most car buyers will want to test drive a vehicle first before buying it and if you're at the dealership already you may as well deal with the purchasing process there also.

Maybe if you have enough money to throw around and buy a car blind, but it's not something I would ever use.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm sure you could contact Hyundai and get them to bring you a Elantra Sport to test drive. A few manufacturers are doing that now, worth a try ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know Chrysler has certain programs that do that along with other manufacturers. It doesn't hurt to try but I would still rather go in there and get it all done. On the test drive you could try to converse with the sales rep and try to work in a negotiation here and there

·
Registered
98 Posts
Odds are they will require you to book from a range of test drive dates that will have other buyers in attendance. It's just not viable to have test drives for just individuals, instead batch it up where ever possible and in the beginning its super easy to do that.

Down the road as sales momentum dies down they'll have no choice but to do it one-on-one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts