Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone use the 750 off for hyundai financing, then payoff or switch loans at the 3 or 4 month mark? Is it basically "free money" or is there a catch? I noticed they are offering 0.0% financing on "some" elantra models, but not the sport. I'll be closing my deal on friday, I'll take the extra 750 off, if there are no strings. Wished they offered the 0.0% on the sport, that's a better deal in the long run.

·
Registered
133 Posts
anyone use the 750 off for hyundai financing, then payoff or switch loans at the 3 or 4 month mark? Is it basically "free money" or is there a catch? I noticed they are offering 0.0% financing on "some" elantra models, but not the sport. I'll be closing my deal on friday, I'll take the extra 750 off, if there are no strings. Wished they offered the 0.0% on the sport, that's a better deal in the long run.
I did what you are looking to do. No strings attached. Once the discount hits and the loan is drafted/signed, wait till your first bill and pay it off or refinance. I also did the same with Uber. Signed up a few days before I bought the car for that extra $1,000 discount. Never used Uber once and canceled it after I drove off with the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You and I are a lot alike bud. I'm currently signing up for uber. going to try to pull a slick one, and use the ES I'm buying as the uber car (vin/insurance/etc), then dumping it. It's actually a smart move/incentive by Hyundai to get people into their cars. I might keep uber, and use it a time or two just to show off what Hyundai has become..... then again, I don't feel like being stabbed, and I'm steadily employed :)

I haven't purchased a new vehicle since 2003 :) I've always been into the classics. With all the texting drivers, I've sold all my motorcycles with the exception of an old bobber. Had a roush clone mustang and sold it because I made money (on a mustang????) I found the ES from shopping for new Civic SIs, comments in the SI's youtube videos kept praising the ES. It's exactly what I was wanting, something somewhat sporty with good gas mileage, and a manual transmission. The price point of it new vs something half-ragged out makes it a no brainer.

Thanks for the tip, Dealer told me I had to keep Hyundai financing 3 months, another dealer told me 4 payments before refi/payoff.

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
137 Posts
I did. You don't even have to wait, I did 5 days after I bought the car, as soon as I created an account on the Hyundai finance website and got a payoff amount.

Did it all online. Used lightstream (sun trust online loan division) and got an unsecured car loan which requires way less documentation and work and you get a free and clear title. You just need good credit for those loans. They had the money in my bank account the next day. Paid off the Hyundai loan online same day.
Super easy.

Reactions: S30BillT

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did too. Financed with Hyundai Finance at 3.5ish% for two months then refinanced with my bank for something like 1.75%. Knocked my payments down like $15/mo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Closed my deal on friday. Talked to my buddy, and he said you have to do 3 payments or hyundai corp goes after the dealership for the 750 reimbursement. which if you didn't like your dealer, I guess that's cool. He said the same thing about people getting the Mil discount, then never bringing a copy of the dd214 in for proof. But then again, that dealership took on that responsibility by giving the discount without proof.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Closed my deal on friday. Talked to my buddy, and he said you have to do 3 payments or hyundai corp goes after the dealership for the 750 reimbursement. which if you didn't like your dealer, I guess that's cool. He said the same thing about people getting the Mil discount, then never bringing a copy of the dd214 in for proof. But then again, that dealership took on that responsibility by giving the discount without proof.
I liked my dealer, but I wasn't concerned about them losing $750.

Unless your dealer sells everyone a car below invoice, I'm sure at one point or another, they've charged someone $750 more than they had to.

And if Hyundai really wants people to finance with them and not re-finance immediately after walking out of the dealership, maybe they should do better than 4.99% / 60 months for someone with a FICO score over 800.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts