Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Man I hope the i30N comes to North America. I completely forgot that the TCR was already underway, going to have to try and watch some highlights. Glad to see Hyundai starting at the top.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I watched both races live streaming from PWC's streaming video site (works when a race is on); STREAM/VIDEO - Pirelli World Challenge The PWC site is here, with the schedule; Home - Pirelli World Challenge

Its really disappointing there is no Elantra Sport 'N' or Elantra Sport GT 'N' with the 2.0 turbo when they are racing one in North America. Strange rules. What's next, Peugeot's and Renault's ? To what end?

Hyundai should have an 'N' division already set up in North America through most or all its dealers, with its first product for sale being a $ 500- (or thereabouts) tune for the 1.6T that requires 91 octane gas minimum, and the car remains covered under the factory warranty. How obvious can it be.....

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I watched both races live streaming from PWC's streaming video site (works when a race is on); STREAM/VIDEO - Pirelli World Challenge The PWC site is here, with the schedule; Home - Pirelli World Challenge

Its really disappointing there is no Elantra Sport 'N' or Elantra Sport GT 'N' with the 2.0 turbo when they are racing one in North America. Strange rules. What's next, Peugeot's and Renault's ? To what end?

Hyundai should have an 'N' division already set up in North America through most or all its dealers, with its first product for sale being a $ 500- (or thereabouts) tune for the 1.6T that requires 91 octane gas minimum, and the car remains covered under the factory warranty. How obvious can it be.....
All this N stuff is just starting, and it's obviously going to take time. I do agree the cars should have been branded as Elantra GT Sports, but then they wouldn't coincide with the N branding very well. N performance parts are coming, once they establish the brand here in NA. We don't even have a car yet (Veloster later this year) so maybe shortly after that.

·
Registered
229 Posts
All this N stuff is just starting, and it's obviously going to take time. I do agree the cars should have been branded as Elantra GT Sports, but then they wouldn't coincide with the N branding very well. N performance parts are coming, once they establish the brand here in NA. We don't even have a car yet (Veloster later this year) so maybe shortly after that.
Do you think that Hyundai will bring parts to dealerships to upgrade? If so, do you think they'd be able to swap Veloster parts to our ES?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty sure that's part of the plan.

Suspension parts might cross over. Doubt any others will.
Veloster N Shift knob will fit our cars...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Veloster N Shift knob will fit our cars...
But I'm really hoping for brakes, clutch/flywheel.

And I'm really, really hoping for an electro-mechanical diff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.