Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Hyundai RM16 N has been spied on the track making some passes. Don't really care much for it but what I am looking at is the 300hp 2L powerplant.

Imagine if this were in the Elantra Sport instead ?

It appears that this is mid-engined RWD though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like how this is shaping up which might mean we one day get an N Performance model that can go up against the new Civic Type R and even the Ford Focus RS. If they can smoke the both of those in performance and price... THAT will be the shocker, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised. But I doubt an Elantra body would get Type R and RS levels of performance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This just looks so extremely European. This is something that'll combat the RS and Type R. The Elantra Sport is definitely not a vehicle that'll reach a variant that can do that though. It's a big step up as it is to receive a Turbo sport model. Going beyond that I think is pushing the envelope a bit too far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
They have set up this chassis to be possibly rear or awd. the driveshaft tunnel where your exhaust is currently running down.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
They have set up this chassis to be possibly rear or awd. the driveshaft tunnel where your exhaust is currently running down.
The car in the photos above is mid-engined. Probably not coming to production, and probably only being used to develop N performance parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The car in the photos above is mid-engined. Probably not coming to production, and probably only being used to develop N performance parts.

my bad, i was referencing the ES. not the OP's car. I should have stayed on topic, but I'd love to see a 3.3tt awd/rwd shoved down into the ES :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts