Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I mean there's plenty of stuff available right now...

Yes, but the ones "approved" by Hyundai won't invalidate the factory warranty. I will definitely go this route.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Neither will pretty much anything else if Hyundai actually followed the law.
Lol, true. But I'm sure you know it isn't just Hyundai guilty of this. Every auto mfg could care less about the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

Personally for me, I only start modding once the factory warranty expires or the performance accessories are manufacturer supported (and installed), so it is a pleasant surprise that Hyundai will start doing this like other mfg do.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Neither will pretty much anything else if Hyundai actually followed the law.
Lol, true. But I'm sure you know it isn't just Hyundai guilty of this. Every auto mfg could care less about the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

Personally for me, I only start modding once the factory warranty expires or the performance accessories are manufacturer supported (and installed), so it is a pleasant surprise that Hyundai will start doing this like other mfg do.
Yes the warranty stays in place, i have not added any bolt ons because of this now it's all good. No need to take a risk or have to take of parts when I want to get dealership service. I have heard of some aftermarket parts failing so there js that.Hopefully more goodies are on the way!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Yes the warranty stays in place, i have not added any bolt ons because of this now it's all good. No need to take a risk or have to take of parts when I want to get dealership service. I have heard of some aftermarket parts failing so there js that.Hopefully more goodies are on the way!
You just need someone at a dealer that can get you in and out with no issues. ;) My car is pretty modified at this point and my dealership is cool with it. Including the head tech who is a car guy himself. If you live in my area and need warranty work on a modified car, you go to him. Thankfully I am through 37k miles in 19 months with zero issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.