Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice work, are the wires available in the rear deck for the base audio system? I'm looking to upgrade the audio and looking to see what is needed, and keep the 7" LCD headunit which is not too shabby.

·
Registered
175 Posts
wires

Nice work, are the wires available in the rear deck for the base audio system? I'm looking to upgrade the audio and looking to see what is needed, and keep the 7" LCD headunit which is not too shabby.
Unfortunately not. When I added my sub in the base system I could not see any wiring back there and had to tap into the pillar wires (next to the driver's and passenger's seats.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I have an 18 tech and I was told to do the same thing! How is the sound? Also do you have subwoofer control?

Like the idea of not using all my trunk space.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I have the 7" touch screen also but the base speakers and no sub. If you pull up on youtube how to take the doors off you can change the door speakers very easily. The door panels come off in 2 minutes literally. I got new ones and put those in. Also if you google how to take the radio out that is also on youtube and comes out in 10 minutes. Pretty easy actually and I've never done either prior to this. I put a powered 10" sub in the trunk and there is still lots of room because they fit up against the back seats. I would suggest running the RCA jacks and the remote line on the passenger side of the car. All those lines fit behind the glove box and slip under the side floor panels without removing them. Really simple. You need to buy a LOC ( line output converter ) to connect the rear speaker wires so you can get RCA jakcs to connect to the radio. I got the one from best buy which has 4 speaker lines and 2 ground lines. The ground ones I spliced into the black wire in the harness. The remote line I was confused about and nobody could give me an answer and I figured out that the Pink wire is the Remote line. If I recall there is only one pink wire in the back of those harnesses. Works perfectly and the sub only powers on when the car gets turned on and shuts off when I turn the car off. As far as the power goes, I couldn't figure out how to get the power line into the car through the firewall and I realized from googling it that there is a small rubber grommet you can push through behing the wheel well and the line feeds from the engine compartment behind that and through that spot. Pretty simple now that I did it. You can remove those fender well pins and just pull it back so you can feed it through and put it back together. 5 minutes worth of doing it but you need to jack the car and take the drivers wheel off to make it easier for yourself then put it back. I caulked that small hole around the wire so water can't get in there. The power line feeds nice under the positive line connector to the battery and closes in there with the other positive wires without disturbing anything. The car was missing bass and needed this bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
what wire was positive and what was negative, I looked up all the diagrams, none I've seen have the same colors on the diagram as I see in real life

1 - 6 of 6 Posts