Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Agree great video for info i came across it my first night after buying the car since dealership didnt explain any details or differences in the dct just let me to believe just like a auto. Found the visor card that supose to be on the mirror givin a quick dont dos for the dct tucked away under the seat lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also just curious I am wanting to start modding in a couple of months but I don't want to void anything warranty wise.

I am looking at a cold air intake upgrade and exhaust upgrade (6ee exhuast) would these void the warranty?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Keller im not sure other members prob could tell you better than me but from what my dealer told me is that i can mod anything that does not effect the performance of the car ie. engine tranny air intakes basically anything they can blame as to the failure like im sure they can blame a engine mod on a structure failure of frame or something but they would blame that for a blown engine . I myself wont be modding anything but visual until my 200 k is up

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Also just curious I am wanting to start modding in a couple of months but I don't want to void anything warranty wise.

I am looking at a cold air intake upgrade and exhaust upgrade (6ee exhuast) would these void the warranty?
Depends on the dealership really. Intakes and muffler deletes are nice because they swap out quickly and easily so if you need to you can go back to stock for dealer visits. Legally (in the US) they have to prove a modification caused another part to fail. Though that's not always the case.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.