Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
I'm new to this, so I'm taking little steps to mod the car.
Recently, I've just deleted the stock BPV (Recirculation Hose), the one that connect to the big intake hose. I covered the intake with the rubber thingy and leave the stock BPV open. Really love the sound it made.
Now I want to upgrade to K&N intake, part number is K&N 69-5317TS. I when I read the instruction on K&N website:
Here is the link:
https://www.knfilters.com/instructions/69-5317_inst.pdf

They actually call it a Crank Case Vent Hose instead of BPV (WHAT THE HECK?), and I know that Crank Case Vent Hose is a different story here and K&N is not noob at all.
Also they re-attach that hose into the intake hose make me worry that when I leave it open, I may damaged some parts of the car like the throttle body or the engine like they said...
Please help me out!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm new to this, so I'm taking little steps to mod the car.
Recently, I've just deleted the stock BPV (Recirculation Hose), the one that connect to the big intake hose. I covered the intake with the rubber thingy and leave the stock BPV open. Really love the sound it made.
Now I want to upgrade to K&N intake, part number is K&N 69-5317TS. I when I read the instruction on K&N website:
Here is the link:
https://www.knfilters.com/instructions/69-5317_inst.pdf

They actually call it a Crank Case Vent Hose instead of BPV (WHAT THE HECK?), and I know that Crank Case Vent Hose is a different story here and K&N is not noob at all.
Also they re-attach that hose into the intake hose make me worry that when I leave it open, I may damaged some parts of the car like the throttle body or the engine like they said...
Please help me out!

The crank case vent hose they are talking about is the small hose that comes from the valve cover near the back of the engine. The bpv hose is the hose they are calling the "air injection hose." I have mine connected still because I want the car to be plumbed how Hyundai's r&d department had it but still have the HP gains for an intake and the sound of the bpv. If they are advising that this hose be connected I would connect it, you will still hear the bpv very clearly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.