Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Elantra Sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried fitting the seats from an Elantra Limited into the Elantra Sport? I really like the seats in the Sport, but they have 1 problem: no lumbar support. I have a lower back injury and on longer drives, the Sport seats can get a bit uncomfortable.

I understand the Limited seats look different (no red stitching, possibly less bolstering, and don't have the nice "Sport" logo embossed), but if I'm not mistaken they are heated leather (like the Sport), and have electric motors for adjustment and lumbar support.

I should be able to pick up a set of front seats from a junkyard somewhere.

I'm not sure if the Sport's wiring loom can connect to the seat from the Limited with all its motors? Worst case, I guess I would have to run some new electric cables. Obviously want to make sure that the heated seats and the airbag still work after the swap.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I d say they would bolt up no problem. Might want to check a hyundai parts site to see if the connector is different. These seats do get uncomfortable after a while. I sometimes use a back pillow.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I'm waiting for a '21 Veloster N to show up on the salvage parts site so I can snag the fancy seats.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I’d definately consider this if I did a lot of long distance driving, but the ES seats are comfortable for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts