Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a Pierce Motorsports 2 Point Tie Bar. Not a bad install. Bolts were easy to remove. I would recommend using a small jack stand to support the control arm before removing the bolt. I ended up having to use a bottle jack to move it back into place to get the bolts in. Had to cut away some of the rear of the undertray - more than I would have liked to - but there are sooooo many bolts and clips holding the tray on, I don't think it will be a problem.

Managed to find a service manual of sorts (for Elantra, not ES) at Hyundai Elantra owners manuals, user guides, repair, service manuals, as well as a video on youtube installing this bar on a Veloster. The video said to torque the bolts to 85 lb-ft, and the manual said 72.3 ~ 86.8 lb-ft, so I went with 85 lb-ft.

Took the car for a spin around some of the corners in our area that I like to drive "aggressively" around before installing the bar and then again after. Definitely know what Pierce is talking about when they say it makes the car feel "more precise ... at turn in thru midcorner." Definitely felt the difference. I would say that the car felt very flat - don't know how else to say it - but I guess that would be what they take about by the car feeling neutral. Launch into corners was very positive, and accelerating even around a hair pin turn felt like the front end was staying perfectly aligned to the corner.

The bar is on sale for $89.00. Pretty cheap for a noticeable difference.

Going to install the rear sway bar in a couple of weeks - can't wait to see how the two feel together.

Attachments

Reactions: kdetlor

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you noted any changes in ride quality, handling bumps, NVH?
No difference to ride quality, no extra vibration or anything that I can tell. Just seems to feel more positive going into corners - especially around town - just seems to hug the corner.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure how I feel about cutting into the undertray to install it.
That was the only thing that I really didn't like about this mod. I wish Pierce could have made the bar to accommodate the ES belly pan better.

Lost two screw points, but haven't notice any rattle from the pan on the highway, even when driving "briskly". Had a look under the car after a few highway trips and everything still looks tight.

On my VW's, I replaced all my plastic pans with metal ones from Dieselgeek. Can't wait till someone comes up with a metal replacement for these pans. I live in Northern Canada and these plastic pans get the crap kicked out of them when the temps fall and the snow and slush turn to icy mounds and ridges.

It won't surprise me at all if my undertray doesn't make it to spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.