Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this battery from my last car so I gave it a try in my ES. Battery works great, even left it parked for six days and it started right up. Added gold foil to the engine side to protect from heat. At 6.5 pounds it's a great way to lose weight.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Dayum... that's dedication but I do appreciate it, could also help to do a relocation as well for better distribution ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are benefits beyond just weight, lithium recharges faster, less load on alternator, and more stable current (more accurate sensor readings). Oh, and lithium will outlive a lead acid battery by 2x.

In five years lead acid should be obsolete.

·
Super Moderator
1,200 Posts
Eh, even if it lasts twice as long lead acid is cheaper. About $150 for lead acid, so if I replace it once in the lifespan of a lithium, then I've still only spent half the money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does this have the same cranking power for cold weather? If so then I might do this down the road when the cost goes down. I dearly need the CCA power in the winter here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The PCA on the battery is 947, OEM CCA is 550. Even replacing my new lead acid battery with the Braille I noticed quicker starting.
When it eventually comes time to replace my battery, I will look at lithium. Thanks much!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts