Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, sorry no video but heres what happened today as many of you are interested. 1: sxth intake with all deletes 2: hks spark plugs 3: lap3 tune(ecu swap)

I will write this to optimize searches for certain build questions so prep for a long post.
Sxthintake:
Easy install beginners can do it after watching a youtube video which can be easily found.
Lets you hear spooling and suction noises. Will only be heard at hard presses on throttle or wh3n above 3-4k rpm. Below that sounds like stock (diverter valve /tube still stock but can actually hear the blow off now very present)

Hks spark plugs:
Easy as well but need a torque wrench and special spark plug socket. Gap the plugs at .028 from stocks .031ish, you torque em down to 18-21 lb.
Note: engine seems to run smoother happier and does hesitate or stutter when on stock. Throttle repsonse is smooth and engine breaking no longer is juttery but smooth as well, overall improved ride comfort (do not know if these affects were because of spark plugs, the tune, or both but the ride quality improvement is very apparent)

Lap3tune:
Easy install only need 10mm socket and a 12mm.
Recommend removing the car battery completely for easy access to the ecu and to unmount ecu from the frame on which it is attatched to. Literaly replace ecu in the same fashion and you are done.
Note: per davids instruction after ecu is installed turn on car by pressing the ignition button twice without pressing the break pedal. Wait for about 30-60 seconds, turn off car and start normally with brake pedals pressed. Car may take an extra second to start but is all good. No check lights apeared as they should not.

Tune summary: peak boost on obd2 indicated around 20-21.5 psi up from stock peak recording of 14-16psi. Shifts are smoother (idk if from tune or sparks or both) car no longer hesitates and open / close throttle body making it awkward at low speed low throttle. Boost is held longer and spool seems quicker. For sure faster pulls no solid numbers as of now. Average mileage has also stay higher than normal cruising speed at 80mph stock gives me about 26/28 mpg, after tune hitting around 31-35mpg. Possibly due to leaner tune.

Overall mods on car, muffler delete sxth, rear sway sxth, intake sxth, tune lap3, hks sparkplugs, 2 stickers +10hp each, resonator delete in intercooler.

Hope this helps future modders and anyone that reads this. Looking forward to more mods in the future!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Super helpful, great post! I’m excited to see that highway mileage is better (or for sure doesn’t look like it would be worse). I wish more companies selling tunes would advertise how they affect mileage. How hard would it be for them to just run a tank at highway speeds and let us know what highway mpg they get?

Which octane did you have it tuned for?
Thanks again!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Super helpful, great post! I’m excited to see that highway mileage is better (or for sure doesn’t look like it would be worse). I wish more companies selling tunes would advertise how they affect mileage. How hard would it be for them to just run a tank at highway speeds and let us know what highway mpg they get?

Which octane did you have it tuned for?
Thanks again!
Sorry for late response but im currently running it at 91 octane. They have a tune for 93 is that is more redily available to you. Also would not recommend running our cars honestly on anything besides 91 or above. I know people will argue but for the longevity and well being of your engine a higher octane is good. No need to go e85 but higher the better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.