Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All,

Taking a stab at what I'd like to do with my car now that I've gotten used to my 2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport. Currently stock. Looking at options I can do for practical performance gains. Not too concerned about increasing sound, so resonators are fine as long as it doesn't inhibit performance to a noticeable degree. If I were to replace the exhaust I would want to ensure I had high airflow, or at least higher than OEM airflow, cats in replacement. I live in CA, USA so they are required. Below is what I gather I will be swapping out when the time comes that I've gathered from this forum. I am fairly new to this, especially for Elantras, so feel free to criticize to your hearts content with other options and logic surrounding how the pieces operate.

TMS Intake + Tork Pipe (Is this much like K&N requiring a recharge? Is it worth getting one of those K&N Like cone filters over it? Looks to include torkpipe)
Elantra Sport TMS Intake | DamnFastDD.com

Cold Side Pipe + TurboSmart Veeport BOV (Other BOV recommended? Should I do intercooler w/BOV and this cold side pipe or is this not an area that should have redundancy? Rule of thumb for BOV Springs?)
http://damnfastdd.com/Products/Show/Elantra+Turbo+Cold+Side+Pipe

FMIC (Hotside vs Coldside? Should I worry about BOV if I'm doing a cold side pipe if I go this route?)
http://damnfastdd.com/Products/Show/2017+Hyundai+Elantra+Sport+FMIC

Downpipe (Which I assume replaces the first CAT the exhaust would hit w/ option for high airflow).

http://damnfastdd.com/Products/Show/Hyundai+Elantra+Sport+Downpipe

Cat back Exhaust (Possible to get a full replacement with all cats replaced with high airflow variants? Resonators recommended?)
Hyundai Elantra Sport 1.6T Catback Exhaust | DamnFastDD.com

I also plan on getting an intercooler w/BOV down the road (eyeing tork brand as well although alternative options are appreciated), which from what I gather is helpful. If anything major comes up I'll make changes to this post to reflect edits. This is a daily driver, no track time. Just trying to get the feel for the performance life.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I am fairly new to this, especially for Elantras, so feel free to criticize to your hearts content with other options and logic surrounding how the pieces operate.
My advice: there are quite a few vendors out there right now making parts, so I would recommend looking around a bit before making your final decision(s).

As far as the intake goes, these cars show the best gains with a 3.5" pipe so stick with that. Most intakes in this range will show pretty identical power gains so it just comes down to looks from there. Some are multi-piece and others are a full mandrel bent one piece tube. Also check SXTH Element Engineering and 845 Motorsports. Ditto for pretty much everything else, though I will say that SXTH and 845 can get a little more expensive than others, the quality is unsurpassed. So you really get what you pay for. 845 has a group buy going on right now on facebook for intercooler piping (message me for info) so you can save some money there.

If you are looking to retain cats in the exhaust, most vendors that have a system available can put high flow cats in there for you for an extra fee. Ditto on resonators. 2.5" diameter is sufficient with the stock turbo, larger than that is unnecessary.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Loud exhaust while still legal?

I literally just bought a 2018 elantra sport and its too quiet for my liking are there any companys out there making loud exhaust for 2018 already or yet? becuase i feel all the exhaust i found were for 2017 elantra sport. to my knowledge which is very minimal 2017 had dual exhaust while mine has single exhaust? Any suggestions.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I literally just bought a 2018 elantra sport and its too quiet for my liking are there any companys out there making loud exhaust for 2018 already or yet? becuase i feel all the exhaust i found were for 2017 elantra sport. to my knowledge which is very minimal 2017 had dual exhaust while mine has single exhaust? Any suggestions.
2017 and 2018 are exactly the same except that for 2018 sunroof is now standard along with a couple safety features. If you want loud at a reasonable cost, check the Pierce Motorsport axle-back. Just be aware it's aluminized steel so if you live in a climate where rust is an issue, you may want to coat it with something before installing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My advice: there are quite a few vendors out there right now making parts, so I would recommend looking around a bit before making your final decision(s).

As far as the intake goes, these cars show the best gains with a 3.5" pipe so stick with that. Most intakes in this range will show pretty identical power gains so it just comes down to looks from there. Some are multi-piece and others are a full mandrel bent one piece tube. Also check SXTH Element Engineering and 845 Motorsports. Ditto for pretty much everything else, though I will say that SXTH and 845 can get a little more expensive than others, the quality is unsurpassed. So you really get what you pay for. 845 has a group buy going on right now on facebook for intercooler piping (message me for info) so you can save some money there.

If you are looking to retain cats in the exhaust, most vendors that have a system available can put high flow cats in there for you for an extra fee. Ditto on resonators. 2.5" diameter is sufficient with the stock turbo, larger than that is unnecessary.
Appreciate your insight again. Been looking at SXTH and 845 seem fairly limited on what they offer compared to Tork although the welds look prime. Anything known out of Korea that'll ship to the states that you'd be able to recommend?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Appreciate your insight again. Been looking at SXTH and 845 seem fairly limited on what they offer compared to Tork although the welds look prime. Anything known out of Korea that'll ship to the states that you'd be able to recommend?
Good parts take time to produce. ;)

As far as stuff from Korea, there are a couple guys in my facebook group that can get you things. OEM parts, lowering springs, etc. Message me for info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good parts take time to produce. ;)

As far as stuff from Korea, there are a couple guys in my facebook group that can get you things. OEM parts, lowering springs, etc. Message me for info.
No doubt. Its not necessarily the time to produce the items in regards to SXTH and 845, but mainly the amount of products they actually offer. For instance, if I were to replace the downpipe with a wider downpipe + high air flow cat (required in my state), I don't see options in cat back exhaust w/ high air flow cat. I was under the impression most modern vehicles have multiple catalytic converters, is this not the case for the sport? I appreciate your time.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
No doubt. Its not necessarily the time to produce the items in regards to SXTH and 845, but mainly the amount of products they actually offer. For instance, if I were to replace the downpipe with a wider downpipe + high air flow cat (required in my state), I don't see options in cat back exhaust w/ high air flow cat. I was under the impression most modern vehicles have multiple catalytic converters, is this not the case for the sport? I appreciate your time.
SXTH catback will be available soon. They have the DP and axle-back available now, the mid section available soon. The Sport has 1 cat on the DP, and 1 on the midpipe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SXTH catback will be available soon. They have the DP and axle-back available now, the mid section available soon. The Sport has 1 cat on the DP, and 1 on the midpipe.
Ah, that makes sense. Will give me time to learn a bit more about vehicle. From what I gather the Turbo has only been around since 2017 so I expected there to be a little catchup for more folks to release stuff for the car. Will keep an eye open, I know it'll likely be shared on this forum. Appreciate your help.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Ah, that makes sense. Will give me time to learn a bit more about vehicle. From what I gather the Turbo has only been around since 2017 so I expected there to be a little catchup for more folks to release stuff for the car. Will keep an eye open, I know it'll likely be shared on this forum. Appreciate your help.
Some will be shared here for sure. Most of the vendors post elsewhere though. Either on their own facebook pages, or in my facebook group.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a thought has anyone attempted to put the axel back from the gt sport on the sedan it looks to be fairly the same from what i see and i am looking for the dual exhaust look but dont want a loud exhaust i know i would have to cut the rear diffuser i am fine with that but nowhere can i find the lengths of each axel back ! can anyone help out with that ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm torn between going Tork Motorsports for full catback exhaust system, or Pierce Motorsports axleback...I want nice grunting with pops and gurgles from the muffler, but I want performance to back it up. If I'm not mistaken as well, Tork Motorsports requires a tune with their catback system otherwise a CEL code will appear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.