Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short, I was impatient when I first got the car and sorted out a cone filter on the end of the stock intake pipe as quickly as I could. Aside from the sound on a cold startup, I liked the noise especially shifting, and I guess the placebo butt dyno effect told me there was maybe a couple of horses more, but it felt negligible.

Fast forward a good 4 months to checking under the hood to see that my cheapo bracket for it had cracked, so I put the stock air box back on while I'm slowly getting my ass into gear. And now much more drastically than doing the mod and feeling MORE power, I've reversed it and the drop in outright power/torque and response/spool feel is MUCH more noticeable.

I guess it's the equivalent of the super shorty intake? if a full intake is good for 10-15whp the super shorty feels like it's good for easily 5-10+

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got the shorty intake (essentially a cone filter adaptor to stock intake piping) second hand, and you hear the bpv. It's more suttle than disconnecting the bpv altogether which ive done prior to getting the shorty.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can you still hear the bpv between shifts with having just the filter on the end of it like you can with the full sri system? i had the full sri but didnt like that noise it made.
Yep you hear it pretty good. Bone stock you can barely hear the tiniest inklings of it with the windows down, but with a cone filter you hear it quite easily all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.