Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get the best bang for buck without tuning. With that in mind can someone explain howHotpipe would be better than the IRD?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Less failure points, larger diameter piping. Just get the hot pipe, reso delete isn't worth it.

Also keep in mind you can throw everything at the car but the factory limiters will keep you around 190-195whp. If you want more you will need a tune.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Less failure points, larger diameter piping. Just get the hot pipe, reso delete isn't worth it.

Also keep in mind you can throw everything at the car but the factory limiters will keep you around 190-195whp. If you want more you will need a tune.
Only thing I don’t like about the hot pipe is no mounting bolts. But that and their intake will be my first upgrades after the holidays

·
Registered
2018 Elantra Sport, DCT
13 Posts
I want to get more power than the factory limit, but I don't want to void the warranty since I really need it, just in case!

An ECU tune would void that, right?

What about a RaceChip GTS chip? Would that chip allow me to go over the factory HP limit, as long as I have the right mods?

From my understanding, chip tunes can be removed if you need to take the car in for warranty work, but an ECU tune is not so simple. Is that how it goes?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Depends on the dealership.

What about a RaceChip GTS chip? Would that chip allow me to go over the factory HP limit, as long as I have the right mods?
I despise boost chips so I'm not going to tell you what you want to hear unfortunately.

From my understanding, chip tunes can be removed
Technically it's not a tune. But yes, piggyback modules can be removed for dealership work. If you must go with a piggyback, JB4 or Lap3 ProTuner are your best options.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I want to get more power than the factory limit, but I don't want to void the warranty since I really need it, just in case!

From my understanding, chip tunes can be removed if you need to take the car in for warranty work, but an ECU tune is not so simple. Is that how it goes?
I have the RaceChip GTS on my ES manual trans and I really like it. The added power it is noticeable and you can remove it super fast in case that you need any warranty service at the dealer. The quality of the product it is top notch made in Germany and the customer service works fast. For the money that cost and to being able to remove it without a trace it is the best option IMO before going all out with a proper tune at a dyno. If I go all out with a tune will be when I upgrade turbo, pipes and intercooler. Then I can justify the expense of a proper tune. But for stock turbo and components the RaceChip it is the best bang for your $.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Key word there.

IMO, especially on a newer vehicle such as what we have, cheaping out on power adders is not the best idea. See: the few people I have witnessed that had to replace their turbo's because boost chips cram too much boost through them.

·
Registered
2018 Elantra Sport, DCT
13 Posts
https://www.lap3usa.com/product-page/lap3-pro-tuner-v2-elantra-1-6t-gdi[/URL]

Is that the part you're talking about? And that is plug and play? No tuning or changes or anything required from me after installation to get anything out of it?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Is that the part you're talking about? And that is plug and play? No tuning or changes or anything required from me after installation to get anything out of it?
You will need colder spark plugs and a catch can on the PCV system is highly recommended.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts