Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have owned my 2020 Elantra Sport for about a year now. I live in Baltimore so the roads are absolutely garbage. Around 6 months of ownership I noticed some slight rattling in the dashboard. From the driver seat it sounds like it is definitely coming from the passenger side near the windshield. For a while i thought it was just the cheap stock wiper blades but there does not seem to be any play in them. Also, I have been trying to duplicate the noise while parked by knocking on the panels but no luck. Anyone else experiencing this?

And as far as starting... 95% of the time the car starts fine, but the other 5% of the time I would hit the start button the engine would continue to crank and would almost get stuck at about 350-400rpm with a check engine light and extinguish when I punch the gas. I do not currently have an OBD II scanner so I cannot look at any stored fault history. Let me know what you guys think.
 

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
Joined
·
323 Posts
As far as the vibration goes, the actual source can be elsewhere and just happens to be bouncing off the windshield. Remove all loose items from the doors' storage bins and go for a test drive.
What is your battery voltage with the engine off?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as the vibration goes, the actual source can be elsewhere and just happens to be bouncing off the windshield. Remove all loose items from the doors' storage bins and go for a test drive.
What is your battery voltage with the engine off?
I actually looked into the vibration more today. It turns out the hood is rattling alot! I havent check the voltage yet, but are the batteries in the ES known to cause problems? I only had the car for a year.
 

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
Joined
·
323 Posts
One should get 3-4yrs out of new battery, I pointed battery voltage as it almost sounds your battery might be low, with that rpm drop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,809 Posts
Battery should last a while, unless you live in the hot desert than it can cut their life in half. Mine gave out suddenly within 2 years, started fine at my apartment, then again at the corner store, and then after I was done washing the car I went to start it and it was done.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top