Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I currently do not own a Sport but have driven a few in recent months and did not get to see what color the switch gear lights up. I don't mean the gauge cluster I know that is white with red needles. What about the window switches, etc? Is that white too? I was hoping Hyundai didn't do the whole blue thing but let me know or better yet show me a picture.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I prefer red - easier on the eyes at night. That's why night time cockpit lighting in aircraft is red.
I thought is was for cinematic effect; war paint = check , balaclavas = check, red lights = check: GO! GO! GO!

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I thought is was for cinematic effect; war paint = check , balaclavas = check, red lights = check: GO! GO! GO!
Nope. I actually used to be an Aviation Electrician's Mate in the Navy, and instrumentation was a primary focus. That's where I learned about what the red lighting was for. I eventually qualified to turn up the APP (aux power plant - basically a baby jet motor that is fired up to start all of the other systems and full sized jet engines on the H-53s that I worked on) and often had to do so at night. The red lighting, without a doubt, is easier on the eyes and makes it so that your eyes don't need to adjust to lighting conditions outside the cockpit. If it were a blue or white light you could easily miss things happening outside at night.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nope. I actually used to be an Aviation Electrician's Mate in the Navy, and instrumentation was a primary focus. That's where I learned about what the red lighting was for. I eventually qualified to turn up the APP (aux power plant - basically a baby jet motor that is fired up to start all of the other systems and full sized jet engines on the H-53s that I worked on) and often had to do so at night. The red lighting, without a doubt, is easier on the eyes and makes it so that your eyes don't need to adjust to lighting conditions outside the cockpit. If it were a blue or white light you could easily miss things happening outside at night.
The way I learned about red lighting being easier on the eyes was just being curious why almost all alarm clocks used red lights. Your story is less boring :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Touching huge military hardware...ENVY!
Especially those huge mother fudging Stallions! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.