Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to get a 17/18 ES, my lacol or a dealer 50 MI away can't get a new one in.
One of them didn't even hear of a 1.6 turbo, they told me Hyundai only made the ES for a couple of Mos. Have any of you ever heard about this? This is not good news on the east coast I just can't believe no dealers here even have sports.
Lemme know what you all think.

Toe.

·
Registered
342 Posts
There used to be a handful available here in Silicon Valley, but they're all gone from the dealerships now. Even back then there were only 2-3 with a MT, which was a requirement for me.

That said, carmax currently has three of them - two with MT, one with DSG. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Definitely made for more than 2 months. We're waiting on details for the 2019 which should be released this week? I would bet that production stopped for the current car not too long ago and that could be causing a shortage.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
339 Posts
When I was buying my 18 ES in August, local dealer told me that there were only 268 vehicles allocated for Canada for 2018 production year. I was unable to verify this information elsewhere. This car, could very well be a unicorn.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where on the East coast are you looking? I bought mine last month and noticed it basically depended on each dealer if they had them or not. I'd say out of the closest 20 to me, 4 had sports but only had one on their lot; except one that actually had 8. I did end up driving an hour and a half for mine to get the best deal though.

Like R1600Turbo said, the 2019s are coming out so if the 2018s are gone in the area you are they're probably gone. I might've just got lucky with my timing that I was able to still get a 2018.

Also I'm from Northeast Pennsylvania by the way as a reference to area on the east coast.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Elantra GT Sport is a unicorn - I gave up on that one. I was able to get an ES just as they finished up with the 2018's. I think my dealer had 3 left when I bought mine. And that was it, no more coming. Sad for you if you have to go with a 2019 ugly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yep. The 18s are a done deal. When I got mines in the spring, the sales guy said that they were winding them down and new ones were not appearing. I was told this after I signed the paperwork, so he wasn't trying to get the car sold. I even had to get my car transferred from another dealership. Sucks for anyone that didnt get one because the new look 2019 one is ugly as sin. There should be felony charges for all designers of the sonata and elantra midcycle refreshes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No doubt,
the 19 isn't my bag..... Love the grill, rear end and profile on the 17/18's this sux. Carmax might have'em but there's now warranty. Dealer has a 19 VT Ultimate I'm getting. Told me the last ES they had was bought by a person from NC. that's how far and few the ES is....

BUMMER!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The dealer I got mine from in NC has pretty much always had 3 ES as far as I remember from when I got my 17 till now. They didn't know when exactly they would be getting the 19 sports or the Veloster N's, but they told me it would be around February before they got any N's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.