Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if anybody know a compatible coilovers for the Elantra sport?

Since the car is new I don't think there will be a coilovers specific for the car yet but I know that sometimes there is a compatible coilovers we can use.

For example 2011 tc coilovers can be use to scion IM because they have the same chassis.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I'm guessing this car might need a whole new setup since the rear suspension is different than the standard Elantra.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing this car might need a whole new setup since the rear suspension is different than the standard Elantra.
Exactly what I'm thinking.

I'm sure once we see what the front shocks look like we can come up what might be compatible. Then it's just a matter of looking at the shock and spring rate.

If Hyundai use the same front shocks from a different model, say maybe sonata and if there is a coilovers for sonata. That might work. Lol.
Although I'm not sure if a sonata have a double wishbone suspension set up also.

Either that or we will just have to wait. Lol

·
Super Moderator
1,170 Posts
It's actually the rear that's dramatically different. The other Elantras have a twist-beam rear end, the Sport has independent struts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! Yes the compagny is stormspring in korea and the qulity is same to eibach spring
i buy my lower spring last night ... 1 inch drop to original .
I pay 289$ us whit shipping includ to canada .

·
Super Moderator
1,170 Posts
Eh, I'm kinda over Eibachs at this point. I'd like some nice, progressive springs - they ride way, way better and the handling is just as good.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think he meant to say the quality is as good as the Eibachs, but they are not the same spring. I am very interested in those springs to lower the front. If it's just an inch drop, then it's exactly what I need. I don't like how most springs lower the car equally and it still ends up being too high in the front.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi! Yes the compagny is stormspring in korea and the qulity is same to eibach spring
i buy my lower spring last night ... 1 inch drop to original .
I pay 289$ us whit shipping includ to canada .
do you have pictures of you ride with the springs installed?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts