Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am unable to get the steering wheel to lock after switching off the car. Usually in cars with physical keys the wheel will get locked if it's turned after taking the keys out of the cylinder. In my other cars with smart key, the steering lock gets enabled when the driver's door is opened after switching off the engine/ignition. You can hear a short 'whir' when this happens. I don't hear this on my ES and the steering wheel never gets locked after any amount of time. Is there something wrong with it or is this feature just not present?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for confirming! Then pretty sure this must be a market specific thing. My other Hyundai with a smart key is not in USA and it does have an electro-mechanical steering wheel lock that locks it in whatever position it is when the driver exits the car. No need of turning it too. That'd be a great safety feature if it makes it's way over here :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.