Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope to get out there and take some more photos, but it's been so rainy these days!

Just picked up the new ES a few days ago, and I would really like to do a nice outside treatment before taking some decent photos! Here are a couple anyways!

Interesting note: I didn't realize that they changed the badging in Korea. Elantras no longer have their trim levels on the rear... all regular Elantras show 1.6, while the Sports models show 1.6T. I think I prefer it!

Edit: I realize I left my plate on the second photo. As I am sure I'm the only ES owner in Korea, I'd actually like for you to come find me!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They call it Iron Grey in the Korean market.

The pricing in Korea is different as well. To my dismay, I had to get the DCT model (wife doesn't drive manual), and it came to 2.2 mil KRW on the dot. With fees including delivery, just a hair over 20,000 USD.

What I don't have as standard, though, is the 7 inch infotainment system with rear camera. I have the dingy little monochromatic LCD. I should've opted for the upgrade, but the dealer actually suggested that it was a bad deal as an add-on. I also don't have blind-spot alert, automatic trunk release, or heated steering wheel. Everything else seems to be the same. So I guess we save about 3 grand but miss out on some convenience features here. Premium package does add those things and more for about 2 grand though. I do have red leather theme in the interior. I haven't seen that in any American/Canadian reviews.

The most interesting thing about the Korean market is that they have a "bare-bone" Elantra Sport variant. It's a DCT model that comes in around 18,500 USD without HID, Smart-Key, etc. It's called the Elantra Sport Original, a homage to the 90's - 00's sporty era.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The most interesting thing about the Korean market is that they have a "bare-bone" Elantra Sport variant. It's a DCT model that comes in around 18,500 USD without HID, Smart-Key, etc. It's called the Elantra Sport Original, a homage to the 90's - 00's sporty era.
That's pretty cool, I like stripper models and probably would've taken an original if offered here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.