Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone going about lifting / jacking the car up at home? I have a floor jack and stands but have not had the elantra sport up yet. Just wanted to ask where it was ok to place the floor jack on this car to get it up onto the stands? Any insight or advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I use 2 low profile jacks with a rubber slotted top that fits aroun the factory lift rail. One for each side.Doesnt risk damage to the rail and avoids using other areas that take up room under the car. I have lifted the car 3 times, getting about 3" of tire in the air with no issues. I'll place a stand i welded under the jack itself, should it fail it can not drop but maybe 1/4". Gives plenty of room to work under. The only thing to consider is the side skirts mount near the lift rail and with my rubber pads they get flexed a bit at the bottom mount point as they get in the way. However, not much pressure is on them and it doesn't appear to cause any stress.

Low profile jacks, and rubber slotted tops for the lift rail have been the best means I've come up with. I have 4 in total and can lift the entire car wheels about 5" off the ground safely. Just take measures to ensure jack fail from dropping the car. However i have left it lifted for 2 days straight with another heavier car and there was no sagging.

Total invested was around $500 for 4. The low profile harbor freight jacks are pretty good. The rubber pads are like$50 for 4 off amazon. They need a bit of trimming to fit prefectly ontop the jack.

It's easy to do repairs, tire rotations, etc.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
If I'm not taking the wheels off for anything, I just use ramps.

Reactions: Voodoo Idol
1 - 5 of 5 Posts