Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there have any experience with JB4 module for Elantra SPort . All I find is forums for BMW's

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Several people in the facebook group have it. It's not recommended to go above map 2, throws WAY too much boost.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i installed one on Wednesday, regapped my factory plugs as im still waiting for hks plugs ( be here monday ), ive stock to just map 1 and did one 2nd gear pull just into 3rd and on map one i can tell its stronger and a much even power curve. now that being said i havent gone on er to much because of having regapped stock plugs but i will update on monday when i put the plugs in on monday, fyi mods are custom shorty intake, muffler delete and pierburg ebcs

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Do you know what map 2 does as far as PSI over stock ? Thanks
I hear map 3 can go as high as 27-29psi. Which is WAY too much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Several people in the facebook group have it. It's not recommended to go above map 2, throws WAY too much boost.
I hear map 3 can go as high as 27-29psi. Which is WAY too much.
Thank you , I will definitely keep it at 2 until I can go to Spartenburgh and get a real dyno tune from Tanner at SXTH element , they are definitely the best out there

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
It can be argued that a street tune is better than a dyno tune. That's how SXTH does their remote tunes. I was tuned that way in December and I went with a fairly mild option. It pulls hard. Just Sunday I was cruising with some Veloster Ns (they both just had intakes and no other mods) and I destroyed them. When we finished our run everyone came straight to my car and were like WTF??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It can be argued that a street tune is better than a dyno tune. That's how SXTH does their remote tunes. I was tuned that way in December and I went with a fairly mild option. It pulls hard. Just Sunday I was cruising with some Veloster Ns (they both just had intakes and no other mods) and I destroyed them. When we finished our run everyone came straight to my car and were like WTF??
Love it , thank you. I will be looking at this soon

·
Registered
2019 Elantra sport | Intense blue | sxth Ram intake| Sxth HF cat downpipe| HKS bov|
27 Posts
How was the remote tune process from SXTH? I'm starting to think about tuning options, and would like to hear your experience!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have not done that yet. I do know that they are the best when it comes to customer service though , and their tuning guy is like a savant

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning , been all over the inernet and can not find ONE person who has driven with and reviewed the ELantra ECU swap by Lap 3. All are pro tuner reviews, I was just wondering if the ecu swap is a good idea as I do not want to do too much adjusting on my daily driver , just get about 5 PSI over stock and get a better response at the lower end of my RPM's , thanks

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Good morning , been all over the inernet and can not find ONE person who has driven with and reviewed the ELantra ECU swap by Lap 3. All are pro tuner reviews, I was just wondering if the ecu swap is a good idea as I do not want to do too much adjusting on my daily driver , just get about 5 PSI over stock and get a better response at the lower end of my RPM's , thanks
A proper ECU tune will net you about 3-4psi over stock. I had the Lap3 replacement ECU and the tune was too aggressive, even though it was not their "aggressive" tune. (so they said) I had major issues with rapid misfires. Their recommendation was to run higher octane fuel, including E30, which shouldn't have been needed as it was supposed to be their 91 octane tune. After several excuses as to what other things could be causing it, they finally offered to have me send it back so they could turn it down. I had it all boxed up and ready to go, and then an offer was made to me by another tuner to get their tune that I couldn't refuse, so I went that route instead. I no longer have that issue and the car runs great. If you go Lap3, the ProTuner is pretty good. Their ECU tunes on the other hand can be hit or miss.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A proper ECU tune will net you about 3-4psi over stock. I had the Lap3 replacement ECU and the tune was too aggressive, even though it was not their "aggressive" tune. (so they said) I had major issues with rapid misfires. Their recommendation was to run higher octane fuel, including E30, which shouldn't have been needed as it was supposed to be their 91 octane tune. After several excuses as to what other things could be causing it, they finally offered to have me send it back so they could turn it down. I had it all boxed up and ready to go, and then an offer was made to me by another tuner to get their tune that I couldn't refuse, so I went that route instead. I no longer have that issue and the car runs great. If you go Lap3, the ProTuner is pretty good. Their ECU tunes on the other hand can be hit or miss.
SOOOOOO..if I HAD to choose..gun to my head..Lap3 ECU swap ( 93 agressive tune) or JB4 ? Thanks guys..a lot riding on this..wife will kill me if I choose wrong..LOL

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
SOOOOOO..if I HAD to choose..gun to my head..Lap3 ECU swap ( 93 agressive tune) or JB4 ? Thanks guys..a lot riding on this..wife will kill me if I choose wrong..LOL
JB4 is having issues right now because they assumed their setup for the older 1.6 turbo cars worked for the new ones and that isn't the case.

Honestly right now I would only recommend tunes from SXTH, BTR and 845 Motorsports. Lap3 ProTuner maybe.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
How was the remote tune process from SXTH? I'm starting to think about tuning options, and would like to hear your experience!
It was really easy. They send you the equipment, which is a dongle that you connect to the OBD2 port and a cable from the dongle that you connect to your laptop. You have some software to download, then you download your stock ECU file and email it to their tune guy. Then you datalog a few 3rd gear pulls using the Torque app and email the logs to Nathan (he's their tuner). He'll then take that info and build your first tune file, which he emails to you and then you flash to your ECU. Then you go do some more 3rd gear pulls, datalog, and send the logs back along with any feedback you have regarding the driveability of the tune. You get a total of 6 revisions this way.

You can either buy the dongle and cable from them or you can rent it. If you choose to rent it it's a whole lot cheaper, but you have to wait for the equipment to become available - it took me about 8 weeks before I got it in the mail. If you buy them you'll get them much quicker, but then if you ever want to flash the car back to stock you can do it at a moment's notice as you should still have your stock ECU .bin file. As you also have the tune revisions that they emailed to you, you could flash the tune again after going to the dealership or whatever. If you rent the equipment you have to rent it again and then wait on availability to be able to do this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts