Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my car a little over a month ago and I noticed while passing someone on the freeway the car started to jerk under acceleration. I tested it a few more times that day and it did it every time after about 3k rpms in 4th gear and after. I thought maybe it was just the heat cause it was a hot day but it continued going on to this day and that was a few weeks ago. So I brought the car in and they said it was a coil issue and it was misfiring so they replaced the coils and told me to pick it up. While driving it home from the dealership it did it again so I brought it back and it has now been there for 4 days. It only has 2500 miles on it and this is getting stupid. I have some mechanical background but not on modern cars and I have never worked on turbo cars so this is all new to me. It mainly happens around 40-100% throttle and never happens on the low end and there is the occasion where it won’t do it but feels sluggish. Also if the window is rolled down it sounds like the turbo is cutting in and out. If anybody has any ideas of what it could be it would be greatly appreciated, this is getting frustrating.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
It's normal. Many have experienced it. You can smooth it out by doing a few things: 1) Running premium fuel 2) changing the spark plug gap 3) getting rid of the stock tune

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you are curious as I am, you can datalog your car to see what really happen.
from what you said, look like ECU pulling the TB.
look for the "throttle position manifold%" vs "accelerator pedal position d%"
how car do a lot a weird thing on part and WOT
sometime it seem timing related, sometime not...

·
Registered
131 Posts
It's normal. Many have experienced it. You can smooth it out by doing a few things: 1) Running premium fuel 2) changing the spark plug gap 3) getting rid of the stock tune

What again is the suggested gap on an OE plug? I searched "plug gap" and did not see an obvious thread that noted it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts