Elantra Sport Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Found those wheels last week. not the prettiest but they fit the spec I was looking.
I will install 235/40R17 Nitto NT05 on it for time attack and drag race.

Attachments

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
update, everything still run strong up to 6800.
receive the track tire, should be install on the spare mag this week.
install the HKS 45 spark plug. the original look perfect

also load the stage 0+ tune

will schedule a dyno run soon and drag time

Attachments

Reactions: Mathieu

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
so first datalog with the stage 0+ tune
option ask, 7k RPM limit, idle at 950, launch at 3500 RPM

0+ psi rpm : boost peek at 21 psi is over 20 psi from 4000 RPM up to 5200 RPM, 15 psi+ up to 6300 RPM, end up at 13.63 " 6700 RPM

0+ air temp: same pull as the first pics, but with ambient air temps and intake air temp. intercooler work perfect! it lower the intake temps as speed increase even at this 30c ambient temps

3-4th 0+: this is what you get on highway! as soon as you floor it 20 psi(@2900 RPM) and in 4th gear psi stay higher even longer! (17.69 psi " 5825 RPM)

dyno run tomorrow

Attachments

Reactions: Mathieu

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
update,

I'm still working on the tune...

on a other subject, here what I find out to be the best info to log

AFR commanded
AFR measure

Catalyst temp bank 1

Accelerator pedal position d%
Throttle position manifold%
Ambient air temperature Intake air temperature

Fuel rail pressure

Timing advance

Engine absolute load

Rpm and boost for sure

Our ECU is really adaptive, timing change all the time. It always end up to high and cut it on first sign of detonation.
it happen stock and tune, that's why tuning is still in progress

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Update

the only add-on to the car is a mid pipe (DP to my axle back) so basically I have a full exhaust line.
I did go with Sxth product for this section. so I have a Frankenstein system, Tork DP, Sxth mid pipe and custom axle back.
I did order my mid pipe without resonator. for me this setup is a no go(to loud), I just install a Vibrant 1141 ultra quiet resonator yesterday. At the same place the stock resonator was.

I also change tuner, did have some email with Sxht, 845 and LAP3... end up with Ivan Tuning
He is by far the easiest to get in tough and communicate
He work with your datalog and do a custom tune to your setup!!!!

for a strange reason one piece of the mid pipe look to be in cheap SS and start to rust. no problem since it's the section where I weld the resonator.
still pic of my crapy weld (still to much feed, don't have time to practice)
I did replace the Sxth gasket with stock one. I like the MLS gasket better

Attachments

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Careful with those tunes from PR. There are stolen Lap3 tunes making their way around.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
no stolen tune or canned tune with Ivan!
maximum engine load was set with your test;
timing table was try, modified and fine tune;
AFR was corrected to optimal target.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
He mostly dyno tune locally, but He's willing to remote tune

·
Registered
209 Posts
How have you found Torks tune vs Ivan tune?

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
no stolen tune or canned tune with Ivan!
maximum engine load was set with your test;
timing table was try, modified and fine tune;
AFR was corrected to optimal target.
I just went back through some posts in my facebook group and it turns out that Ivan was indeed the one stealing tunes and selling them. So if I were you I would tread lightly.

Just FYI, when it was revealed what he was doing, he and everyone involved with the stolen tunes were banned from my group. There is no place in this community for people like that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Interesting combination for your exhaust set up. I myself am also running a Vibrant Ultra Quite as well. Great choice! Any future plans on the introduction of a flex pipe?
with the really long flex pipe of Tork DP I don't see the need of adding one more. plus stock and all the product I found didn't have one.
with your setup you don't have any extra hanger between your second flex and the hanger just before the axle? it look like a huge lever on the flex.

BTW nice weld, the color of yours remind me I did put to much heat on mine lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
How have you found Torks tune vs Ivan tune?

Tork tune is really aggressive, it give a really nice kick-in feeling. The problem is, it wasn't matching my setup, it was raising so fast in boost and engine load that the ECU was constantly pulling back the TB.
drag strip datalog was a horror lol

Ivan tune was set to match my need and setup. not the same thing

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I just went back through some posts in my facebook group and it turns out that Ivan was indeed the one stealing tunes and selling them. So if I were you I would tread lightly.

Just FYI, when it was revealed what he was doing, he and everyone involved with the stolen tunes were banned from my group. There is no place in this community for people like that.

thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of that

I can surely confirm i don't have a canned tune, stolen or not. actually I have 10 different tune with diff timing AFR and engineload limit
He never ask info from the tunes i have from Tork to!

·
Registered
209 Posts
The problem is, it wasn't matching my setup, it was raising so fast in boost and engine load that the ECU was constantly pulling back the TB.
drag strip datalog was a horror lol
Do you mind elaborating on the above point?

Sorry... TB??

I've noticed that my very aggressive but fun Tork tune lasted 2 days, after which it settled down and is not so aggressive anymore. As in I could smoke the tyres until the DCT shifted into 3rd from a hard launch. Or it would wheel spin in 3rd gear when you planted it at 50km/h.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Do you mind elaborating on the above point?

Sorry... TB??

I've noticed that my very aggressive but fun Tork tune lasted 2 days, after which it settled down and is not so aggressive anymore. As in I could smoke the tyres until the DCT shifted into 3rd from a hard launch. Or it would wheel spin in 3rd gear when you planted it at 50km/h.

TB stand for Throttle Body

most hesitation of our car is this. you should datalog all the value I post on post #44

what I figured is if you jump quick on the accelerator the ECU is going WOT even if you're half throttle. And this on stock tune!
this drastic acceleration sometime bring the ECU to the safe mode of closing the TB partly (hesitation feeling)
this situation was happening really often on Tork tune

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
I assumed it was throttle body but it didn't make sense that the car would be limiting it... that is indeed strange.

I've just checked my log files, all but accelerator position was there.

I just went for a drive, you are 100% on the money, even with the Tork tune in the TB is closing down even if the accelerator pedal position % is showing higher percentages...

I'll get in touch with Tork and see if he cant tune this out.

·
Registered
209 Posts
@JSV
Do you mind sharing your Datazap log so i can take a look, i'd like to compare as our cars/mods are similar.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts