Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Is your firmware up to date? I recently decided to buy the GPS map update because there was a slew of firmware and driver updates along with the map update. Since it seems that 2017 ES is outside of the "free" window for eligible updates, I bought an SD card which Hyundai shipped for about $32, which was much cheaper than a couple of months ago when they were asking north of $200.

Fwiw, here's what my system reports

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply mightar. That’s a great news for me. $32 seems reasonable. My car is the Korean version and I’m in Africa right now. Possible for me to buy the update digitally?

Is your firmware up to date? I recently decided to buy the GPS map update because there was a slew of firmware and driver updates along with the map update. Since it seems that 2017 ES is outside of the "free" window for eligible updates, I bought an SD card which Hyundai shipped for about $32, which was much cheaper than a couple of months ago when they were asking north of $200.

Fwiw, here's what my system reports

·
Registered
251 Posts
The US download site is new - Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website. But note that it isn't using SSL and it seems it isn't ready yet.

I bought the physical SD card at Hyundai Mapcare | Customer Login. I've no idea about the equivalent website for Africa. If I were you, I would visit the local Hyundai dealership and ask for an update on-site. I would think they would be able to do this.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The US download site is new - Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website. But note that it isn't using SSL and it seems it isn't ready yet.

I bought the physical SD card at Hyundai Mapcare | Customer Login. I've no idea about the equivalent website for Africa. If I were you, I would visit the local Hyundai dealership and ask for an update on-site. I would think they would be able to do this.

Good luck!
Okay, I don't think the dealer here can do that. I bought the car from a person who imported the car. So if I buy the card from the site you bought from and ship it to me. will it work with my car?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Okay, I don't think the dealer here can do that. I bought the car from a person who imported the car. So if I buy the card from the site you bought from and ship it to me. will it work with my car?
The mapnsoft site I cited is specific to North America. However, update.hyundai.com does support Korean region:

It looks like Korean region is up so it might be worth trying to download the update from there. You can leverage google translate if you're not fluent in Korean. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The mapnsoft site I cited is specific to North America. However, update.hyundai.com does support Korean region:

It looks like Korean region is up so it might be worth trying to download the update from there. You can leverage google translate if you're not fluent in Korean. Good luck!
Trying to do this with the help of Google translate.. Still a painful process man!! I just downloaded an app called Smart update plus and it's Korean. Using Google lens to translate that application.. but the hops that you have to jump through - unbelievable!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

mightar, btw will the software on the SD card you got work on my car?

·
Registered
251 Posts
mightar, btw will the software on the SD card you got work on my car?
According to mapnsoft, no. They only support North America. That's why I suggested going to the local dealership - they must have something to update your headunit. The last thing you want to do is brick your headunit because the wrong firmware update was applied.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts