Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
To be honest I did a DIY "super short(?)" intake, which is just removing the airbox and adapting a cone filter to the end of the stock intake pipe, cheap and works a treat for noise and makes the car feel faster/more turbo'y. But if I were to buy a whole intake kit, I'd get a SXTH, they look fantastic and are well reviewed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You could grab a Lap3 ECU tune, its like a 10 minute install and uninstall so you can take it out when you visit the dealer, and its undetectable, not to mention true power gains without touching anything else in the car

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Lap3 will absolutely destroy your engine. Dont use it
Wrong sir. They've been in the ES community since the start and are leading the way with power output on the stock engine as well as some with upgraded rods. MANY tunes have gone out for all sorts of configurations and there have been ZERO failures.

**** of a first post to come in here spouting nonsense with no proof. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Lap3 will absolutely destroy your engine. Dont use it
Post proof or see yourself out. David is highly regarded and makes great tunes for these cars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Post proof or see yourself out. David is highly regarded and makes great tunes for these cars.
No idea what this guy is talking about saying lap3 is garbage? Lap3 is a korean tuning company who are known for the most reliable tunes on the korean platform, some users report over 4+ yrs on the tune with no issue. If their is a failure, it was due to wearing components that needed replacing because of typical wear and tear, I am currently running their Big turbo upgrade with their e30 tune, been running mountains for the past couple weeks very hard, glowing turbo and manifold many times (as well as brakes lul) no issues going strong.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
WOW! Great to know.
Who's this guy and do you need a F/b acct. to get in touch w/ this tuner?
Thx for any help on this. Found'em Duh... So next question, You're happy with it? Also you can remove it b4 going into the dealer for any warranty work?
Lap3 tunes come on a spare ECU. If you want to switch back to stock before a dealer visit you can do that. Only takes a few minutes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.