Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a K&N CAI available for sale. I cannot stand the sound it makes, I thought it would sound like they do on a naturally aspirated engine but how wrong I was (yes its my first turbo car) LOL. Unfortunatly (for me) K&N and Tdot performance both refuse to allow me to return it because it was installed on the car.

It was only on the car for 2 days and I drove about 100KM. Great option if your looking to keep the factory breather and PBV connections. all packed up in the box and ready to go. I paid $450 for it so id like to let it go for $300 and ill even pay the shipping up to $40! I'm located near Toronto so shipping to Canada is easy.

PM me if your interested, Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sound is like a wooshing suction sound. Not like the low growl of a naturally asperated engine. From what i understand thats how an intake on a turbo engine is suposed to sound and i just hate it.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
The sound is like a wooshing suction sound. Not like the low growl of a naturally asperated engine. From what i understand thats how an intake on a turbo engine is suposed to sound and i just hate it.
Lost of videos online showing this, could have saved you the hassle. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’ve tried to send you a PM but I don’t think it’s working. I’m in Mississauga and interested. Where in the GTA are you?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Admittedly online videos can only do so much. It could be up to the quality of microphone and what you hear it on. Headphones vs. speakers and so forth...
Maybe when comparing exhausts it can get iffy, sure. But intake videos will clearly show a difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts