Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
One or two people do, but you will see better gains on the full 3.5" intakes available from SXTH, Tork, etc. (which I think are also cheaper)
Probably not on an otherwise stock car, but the 3.5" intakes allow you to add more power otherwise. The smaller intake systems cause chop and compressor surge when you start adding some power.

·
Registered
26 Posts
One or two people do, but you will see better gains on the full 3.5" intakes available from SXTH, Tork, etc. (which I think are also cheaper)
Probably not on an otherwise stock car, but the 3.5" intakes allow you to add more power otherwise. The smaller intake systems cause chop and compressor surge when you start adding some power.
The intake connection is less than 3” but with the 3.5” you will have less restriction. But a 3” short intake will not cause any compressor surge. Compressor surge can happen when you have a restriction in the compressor outlet, not the inlet.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
What do you guys think about getting a cold air intake? I heard from some people that these can be too good at taking in air that in winter you might come across problems with how hard it can be on the engine.
Almost pointless on a turbo car, the turbo heats up the air anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the feedback. Are the intake setups without the breather and recirc inputs going to put up noticeably larger performance gains? I tried the recirc delete but I found the hissing noise unbearable, maybe just too loud imo.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Thanks all for the feedback. Are the intake setups without the breather and recirc inputs going to put up noticeably larger performance gains? I tried the recirc delete but I found the hissing noise unbearable, maybe just too loud imo.
No performance differences. I have the SXTH intake without the breather port as I plan on running a catch can. However I did get the BPV port as (in my opinion) it makes a big difference in how the stock BPV sounds. Less of a hiss, and more of a Pshhhh like a normal BOV. See here:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
R1600 - Thanks for the input. I do want the option of swapping the stock box in if I need to ( in case of dealer maintenance). You think the super shorty combined with the tork pipe would give me a bump in performance? That would equate to about 100 bucks which wouldn’t be bad if it gives me a few extra horses.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
R1600 - Thanks for the input. I do want the option of swapping the stock box in if I need to ( in case of dealer maintenance). You think the super shorty combined with the tork pipe would give me a bump in performance? That would equate to about 100 bucks which wouldn’t be bad if it gives me a few extra horses.
It would give you something, but not as much as a full intake. Which honestly, is super easy to swap out. I could take my SXTH intake out and put the stock one back in, in about 10 minutes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.