Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the Injen CAI made for the veloster turbo. Bought it when the car first came out because i was too impatient to wait for a shop to make one. 16k miles, no issues. You will have to plug the breather tube with a filter if you are running catch cans, and the pipe does get close to the brake fluid reservoir but does not rub. You will need to pull the little foam cushion loose from one of the lines ( i forget which one) and position it between the hose and the pipe, because the pipe will be almost touching.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
The injen intake has the tube out the side to plug the breather hose into it. If your running catch cans(specially breather side), you’ll need to plug that tube with a filter, as to not suck in unfiltered air. Kind of a obvious thing but worth mentioning as I’ve seen people do some dumb stuff lol
Putting a filter on the intake side? Wouldn't do that, would just cap it off with something. Only need a filter on the breather port from the valve cover.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Or cap it. I really doubt it matters...other than it adds a small filter than needs to be changed regularly. Other than adding a level of user maintenance I don’t see it being an issue. If you can give me a reason to believe it can cause issues I’d like to hear it! Always down to learn something new

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Or cap it. I really doubt it matters...other than it adds a small filter than needs to be changed regularly. Other than adding a level of user maintenance I don’t see it being an issue. If you can give me a reason to believe it can cause issues I’d like to hear it! Always down to learn something new
Capping off the breather on the valve cover can create pressure issues within the engine that will pop out seals, etc. Bad idea.

I'm just saying that if you use an intake that has a breather port on the intake tube itself and you are not going to use it (since you have catch cans or what have you) then just put a rubber cap over it. No need for a little filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.