Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I test-drove an 18 ES with 6mt in Iron Grey for the weekend and really enjoyed the chassis. Car handles rather well and begs to be pushed through the twisties.
I wouldn't call it fast, but it's definitely Quick, and could be the most economical smiles per mile under $30k.
It's quite a change driving that little badger after owning only trucks these last 20 years but it's time to enjoy driving again and I'll also be saving nearly 60% in fuel costs versus my good old Ram.
Only problem I'm having is parting with a dependable truck....feels like it's a family member.
Anyone else get that attached to their vehicles, or am I the only weirdo?
Anyway, need to make up my mind tonight, as this ES is the only one on the lot.
Any owner opinions are welcome; this is a great little forum from what I've seen and read thus far.
Cheers!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Get it! With all the money you'll save in fuel, you can do so much to the car to make it faster and then there's all the cosmetic things you can do too! Get it because they're decently rare!

·
Registered
96 Posts
You had the car for the weekend? How did you arrange that?

Although they are in two completely different usage categories, going from a truck to a spirited car is pretty sweet, fun-wise.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked it up late Friday and was told to keep it until Monday. Just a good group of salespeople I've known for years at a respectable dealership.

And yes, the ES IS more fun to drive....though I'll miss the Hemi and its' torque.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You could always put a small deposit down so they hold it for you- I did that (put down 100 buck credit) and they held it like a week. Also I always get attached to my cars. Previously owned a chevy s10 v6 5speed, and boy that was fun- except it was work driving it unlike the ES which is very comfy and easy to shift. Just before the ES I had a 2008 suzuki sx4 hatchback and loved that as well. I wasnt as quick and didn't have a ton of moding options but was a nimble little car. Miss that a little too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good to hear you got it! Im sure you will learn to love it just as much as the Ram. Remember if you need a truck down the road, Always a Lowes or UHaul for $20. And welcome to the boards:)
:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True enough.
I'm liking the sleeper look of this dark grey...it doesn't stand out, yet it looks classy and understated from certain angles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts