Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have around 32k Kms on my 2017 DCT and lately I Am hearing some knock knock or tick sound. It’s either once or twice but in succession. This happens when I accelerate normally from stop and after reaching about 50-60 kmph take my foot off. Immediately I hear either one tick or two tick sounds. Is this coming from the transmission while working on the engaged clutch or something else. It started about a week back. Is it something to worry about or is normal. So far I haven’t had any other issues with the car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
First thing that comes to mind is the sound of the loud shift motors switching gears, but you did say it happens immediately and i would expect a minor delay between pedal release and the next upshift. Could just be the sound of the entire clutch assemby and geartrain unloading. All the hyundai DCTs are noisey beasts and they dont get any quieter with miles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing that comes to mind is the sound of the loud shift motors switching gears, but you did say it happens immediately and i would expect a minor delay between pedal release and the next upshift. Could just be the sound of the entire clutch assemby and geartrain unloading. All the hyundai DCTs are noisey beasts and they dont get any quieter with miles.
Most likely its coming from the transmission. Strange thing is that it started coming now, may be after some wear and tear. I hope it doesn't transform into a bigger problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts