Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

So I had the opportunity to run the Lap3 ECU tune for the past month or so and let me say that it definitely has livened up the car a lot. On top of the tune, I'm running an 845 motorsports intake, full FMIC upgrade, 3 inch axle back exhaust, dual OCCs, HKS plugs and IRD. The car is very torque happy and unfortunately with my current tires, I can't get the traction to get a good launch. That's just how much this car wants to go.

Here's a dyno chart of an ES tuned with the exact same mods as me tuned the same way as mine is. I believe the results speak for themselves.

I'd definitely give them a shout on Facebook. They've been great to me and the tuning community. Especially the Korean Market.

https://www.facebook.com/Lap3usa/

Also feel free to follow my build on Instagram. @NotoriouslyBoosted

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Booster, I am interested to know more about this tune as well. Was it a remote tune or were you there in person to tune it? Was it a OTS map or custom-tuned (via dyno) to your car and mods? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
188 Posts
That's the weirdest looking dynograph I've seen in a while. Why does the power drop off so much after 4,500rpm? It's not falling off of a cliff like it does with the Focus ST (which runs out of turbo), it falls down and then stays level just like the stock graph does. It's almost like elements of the stock ECU programming are taking over and cutting the power?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
That's the weirdest looking dynograph I've seen in a while. Why does the power drop off so much after 4,500rpm? It's not falling off of a cliff like it does with the Focus ST (which runs out of turbo), it falls down and then stays level just like the stock graph does. It's almost like elements of the stock ECU programming are taking over and cutting the power?
Small turbo?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I wonder how noticeable that drop-off is in practical terms when you're driving. The car (stock) has that built-in lag which is very noticeable. Maybe it's sort of like that: gives you a lot more torque right away, then just dies off. It's great for everyday driving for sure. The low-end torque is what this car needs more of, they solved that with their tune. Maybe they tuned it this way to keep it on a safe side?

·
Registered
228 Posts
It's fair to say that the Lap3 tune is only good for daily driving (city/highway cruising) where low end torque and hp are most needed to pass cars, accelerate, etc. Of course, I would rather wait and get a tune that provides power throughout the whole range, including a big bump in low-end torque. As tempting as this tune is, it's something that has to be driven with to really know. I don't race my car, so I would probably enjoy the quick pick-up of this, but it would surely be disappointing if you were to run with another (stock) elantra and not even pull away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apples to apples comparison, we have no problem making that power up top since the turbo is different on the Veloster Turbo.
See the attachment below for the Veloster Turbo tune result:

Last year, We have taken the ES turbo apart to see the differences vs. the turbos on the Veloster & Forte 1.6T-GDI.

We will make a separate post about it, but I can share some photos.

We have upgraded the stock ES turbo with a stock VT turbo.

Don't get mistaken. The Elantra Sport has a much smaller turbo, thus you see different powerband on the ES.

Everything is stock, except the exhaust. It was able to make 240whp up top with an ease.

Limiters? No problem. We have already pushed the stock internals of the Elantra Sport up to 330whp.

It seems like Hyundai's intention was to either limit the tuning scene or to give better spool & drivability for a daily by using a smaller turbo for the ES.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Hmmm, turbo. Just like I thought. That VT turbo upgrade is starting to look more appealing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
@Lap3, any chance you guys can re post the pics? They're all broken links.

Thanks

Reactions: birdman

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
286 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Kind of figured that would be the response! Lap3 tune that I saw was just garbage #'s
Which one? It depends on what was done to the car and what octane they are tuned for.

Lap3 currently holds the HP record for this car. Make no mistake, they know what they are doing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts