Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Eric A from the Facebook group here. Figured I'd post a review here on the LAP3 Pro-Tuner as well. I've been running the stage 2 (93 octane) mode for a few days now, and man, it's been a blast so far.

First of all, I purchased the tuner as a pre-order at around $950 shipped, and I'd even say it's worth it at the full retail of $1200. The tuner was shipped on time as promised, and the manager at LAP3, David, has been awesome as far as customer support goes. There was a small hiccup with the OBD2 reading due to a change between the ES and GTS's CAN bus ports, and David quickly found the solution and personally let myself and other GTS owners know how to resolve it. I also had a few questions during the installation due to my own over-carefulness (**** crank sensor port is ridiculous), and I received instant responses via FB. LAP3 as a company in general has just been generally awesome to work with post-purchase.

So, for the tuner module itself, build quality is excellent. It feels like an expensive product in the hand and throughout installation with the high quality cables and plugs that appear straight from Hyundai. The box also is sleek and professional, with careful packaging inside that I tore into with too much excitement to grab a photo of. Installation was very simple, aside from the aforementioned pain in the ass sensor plugs within my GTS that I legitimately thought I was going to break. I've only been working on this platform myself for less than 6 months, and I had absolutely no issues of confusion or lack of coherence within the install guide. Cables are labeled and it is truly noob-proof. Make sure to grab a lot of zip ties and velcro tape, as I didn't have the velcro tape and currently have the module zip tied in place until I get some.

Performance wise as I said in the FB group in my shorter review - holy sh*t. It really transformed my GTS into what it should have been off the lot, and more. Throttle lag is almost completely eliminated and I have regularly been pushed back in my seat, especially in 2nd and 3rd gear where I can feel the difference the most in power. Boost has increased and the flutter experienced in 1st gear due to my TurboXS Hybrid BOV not being able to open fully has been corrected as well. I still haven't pulled exact numbers for 0-60 or PSI, but my butt-dyno is thoroughly pleased with the purchase. I also like that when I am traveling for work, I can revert the tune to stock via the Android application for my wife to drive the car comfortably.

Overall, I would highly recommend the pro-tuner. The ability to revert to stock with no trace for dealership visits and the overall flexibility and performance you receive is absolutely worth it. Check out a few pictures below of what it looks like under the hood (I live in the desert, excuse my dirty ass engine), packaging, and a show-off shot of my GTS. Hit me up with any questions!

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.