Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently purchased and installed a used lap3 protuner. If you're looking to save for that big turbo upgrade and full ECU tune but still want some good power gains till then....this is what you want. As soon as it was installed and I put her on the 93 map mode I held nothing back. WoT at 4k rpm just pulls you back into your seat. This is what the car should have came off the lot feeling like. Easy installation for such good power. Highly recommend this for anyone just looking for that extra umph that we all know the car is missing. Excellent product. Great job lap3!

·
Super Moderator
1,160 Posts
I would highly recommend not using piggyback "tunes" like this. All they do is feed false information to your ECU and can easily end catastrophically.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I would highly recommend not using piggyback "tunes" like this. All they do is feed false information to your ECU and can easily end catastrophically.
The ProTuner is not your average piggyback. Of all piggybacks available, it's probably the safest one you can buy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have any proof of that?

I have a RaceChip GTS on my ES and its works perfectly fine, It add up 48HP and 85 Lb ft. The multiple settings gave you the advantage to set the power in the way you want. Level 7 really make your ES push hard, 3rd and 4th gear just comes alive and make you reach speed faster than stock. I will highly recommend that is a power gain with little money invested before going to stage 2 or 3 that you will have to dump some hard cash on bigger turbo, inter cooler, down pipe and a proper tune on a dyno. If you aren't at that level or you are not looking to put thousand of $$$$ on the car for extra 200+ HP and just looking to have a stage 1 with a noticeable power gain that put a smile on your face everytime the turbo boost and you can hear the release valve opening every time you let off the gas and daily drive your ES. I will say RaceChip it is the way to go.

·
Super Moderator
1,160 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts