Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I will be taking advantage of this labor day sale on Lap3usa's website and ordering a tune come Thursday, my question is what brand 5w-40 oil are you guys running? Or will that really matter as long as it's 5w-40? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Most will recommend Motul 8100. I would go that route if it's easily available to you. Personally I do not want to have to order oil off the internet every time I have to change my oil, so I have been running Castrol 5w40.

·
Registered
55 Posts
As long as you are running full synthetic or 100% synthetic any 5w 40 oil will do just fine. I am currently running some castol edge and its holding up well, currently on a lap3 ethenol blend tune, for the xcargot turbo kit they have. Check out my build if you want info on it XD

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Thanks for the help guys! Ordered the tune this morning hopefully it will be here by Monday at the latest.
Website says 3-4 weeks, David told me they could probably do 2 weeks when I talked to him last week. I am also placing my order soon, but not until the 21st.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.