Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wanted to give a quick update in regards to my tune that I purchased from LAP3 a little over a month ago.

I decided to purchase the 91 octane tune for my DCT because there are hardly any gas stations in the city I live in that offer 93 octane; plus I wanted to have more choices for gas stations when on road trips and what not.

After installing the HKS spark plugs and the ECU that was provided from LAP3, I took it easy for the first 10 miles or so just to make sure everything ran smoothly and the spark plugs were holding up well. I decided to let the DCT downshift and give it a little over quarter throttle to see what would happen and was immediately impressed. The car pushed me back into my seat and the turbo spooled even louder at full boost due to the increased PSI. I found a long stretch of empty road and floored it at about 20 MPH; the throttle response and increased torque/hp are incredible. The car pins you to your seat and somehow pushes you back even harder after the car shifts from whatever gear you are in when you floored it. MPG has seen a hit overall (even when just driving normally), but it's no big deal; I'm not buying a tune to increase my MPG. Obviously, MPG will take a hit anytime you forcefully increase the powerband of the vehicle.

About a week or so after getting the tune, I noticed the car would lose a bit of power during WOT. I'd still have the pedal pinned down, but the RPMs would stop, then increase, then stop, over and over through the pull. I found out the culprit was the OEM boost solenoid, it just can't keep up with the increased boost and temperature. I ordered a new solenoid from 845 Motorsports and the problem no longer exists.

I'm now a little over a thousand miles into the tune and I have absolutely no complaints about it at all. If you are looking to add some serious power to your car beside getting an upgraded turbo, this is the mod to get. Every time I floor it I smile and my passengers are always impressed with how much power this car now has. Sadly, 0-60 times stay relatively same as stock, but that's due to the stock tires not being able to keep traction from the added boost during the first gear. Once I get new performance tires, I'm sure the 0-60 will truly blow me away. Thanks for reading, and I hope you also go with LAP3 with your tuning/turbo needs :)

P.S. Pictures attached are of the new ECU installed as well as a photo of my car

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
How long did you have to wait for that solenoid from 845?
LOL. the solenoid isn’t what takes long. The adapter takes forever. Took them 2.5 weeks to realize they never shipped out adapters to 6-7 people. And that was after bugging the **** out of them. I had to buy the same solenoid.

Aka I’ll personally never buy from them again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I waited just over two months to get my downpipe. Then placed an order for a tune and waited just over two weeks to be told I have no information for you when you will receive it(dongle). They are a complete joke to deal with. never again.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I waited just over two months to get my downpipe. Then placed an order for a tune and waited just over two weeks to be told I have no information for you when you will receive it(dongle). They are a complete joke to deal with. never again.
There's been some issues with 845 lately. Someone in my group placed their pre-order for the hot pipe in February and was still waiting for it up to a couple weeks ago. Kept getting excuse after excuse as to why it hadn't shipped. It was "at the powder coaters" for over a month.

I have a current order for the same EBCS placed, hoping I get it before a road trip I have coming up on the 15th. That's all I will be purchasing from them.

·
Registered
288 Posts
For what it’s worth. Those solenoids can be had elsewhere for 65-70 bucks. You’d just have to make the adapter yourself.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Maybe we can get the people that make the solenoids to create a plug and play option?
It’s a borg Warner part, so I mean MAYBE. If I find out what connectors are used at the new solenoid end and the OEM side I might be able to work something out with one of our more favorable aftermarket outfits.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey everyone, just wanted to give a quick update in regards to my tune that I purchased from LAP3 a little over a month ago.

I decided to purchase the 91 octane tune for my DCT because there are hardly any gas stations in the city I live in that offer 93 octane; plus I wanted to have more choices for gas stations when on road trips and what not.

After installing the HKS spark plugs and the ECU that was provided from LAP3, I took it easy for the first 10 miles or so just to make sure everything ran smoothly and the spark plugs were holding up well. I decided to let the DCT downshift and give it a little over quarter throttle to see what would happen and was immediately impressed. The car pushed me back into my seat and the turbo spooled even louder at full boost due to the increased PSI. I found a long stretch of empty road and floored it at about 20 MPH; the throttle response and increased torque/hp are incredible. The car pins you to your seat and somehow pushes you back even harder after the car shifts from whatever gear you are in when you floored it. MPG has seen a hit overall (even when just driving normally), but it's no big deal; I'm not buying a tune to increase my MPG. Obviously, MPG will take a hit anytime you forcefully increase the powerband of the vehicle.

About a week or so after getting the tune, I noticed the car would lose a bit of power during WOT. I'd still have the pedal pinned down, but the RPMs would stop, then increase, then stop, over and over through the pull. I found out the culprit was the OEM boost solenoid, it just can't keep up with the increased boost and temperature. I ordered a new solenoid from 845 Motorsports and the problem no longer exists.

I'm now a little over a thousand miles into the tune and I have absolutely no complaints about it at all. If you are looking to add some serious power to your car beside getting an upgraded turbo, this is the mod to get. Every time I floor it I smile and my passengers are always impressed with how much power this car now has. Sadly, 0-60 times stay relatively same as stock, but that's due to the stock tires not being able to keep traction from the added boost during the first gear. Once I get new performance tires, I'm sure the 0-60 will truly blow me away. Thanks for reading, and I hope you also go with LAP3 with your tuning/turbo needs /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

P.S. Pictures attached are of the new ECU installed as well as a photo of my car
I'm not understanding the 60 time being the same even with stock tires you should see a decrease in time esp if your being pinned in your seat....

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I'm not understanding the 60 time being the same even with stock tires you should see a decrease in time esp if your being pinned in your seat....
It's the same because stock tires = no traction. I'm sure the pinned in the seat feeling comes in higher gears where traction isn't as much of an issue.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's the same because stock tires = no traction. I'm sure the pinned in the seat feeling comes in higher gears where traction isn't as much of an issue.
Nah there should be a difference the stock hanooks are not that bad. I know when I get my tune the 60 time will be diffent there is alot holding back a better 60 the tires are not it. The pinned feeling should come as soon as the torque hits.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just installed my tune today. Having issues with it “breaking up” off and on under WOT. have an aftermarket boost solenoid from tork motorsports. I now realize their products can be sub par at times. Should I try a different solenoid? Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nah there should be a difference the stock hanooks are not that bad. I know when I get my tune the 60 time will be diffent there is alot holding back a better 60 the tires are not it. The pinned feeling should come as soon as the torque hits.
Honestly the stock tires are garbage

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.