Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I actually have wear in this same spot too. I rarely hit that spot when getting in too. 6500 miles.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Everyone saying they rarely hit that spot, the reason it's doing that is from rubbing on it. So you may be hitting it more than you think.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Everyone saying they rarely hit that spot, the reason it's doing that is from rubbing on it. So you may be hitting it more than you think.
I agree. Of course you people hit it...its a bolster! Look at the crease wear. How much you 'hit' it depends on your weight. There are ways of entering and exiting your car while minimizing bolster wear.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I agree. Of course you people hit it...its a bolster! Look at the crease wear. How much you 'hit' it depends on your weight. There are ways of entering and exiting your car while minimizing bolster wear.
My back/ass isn’t numb. I know if I’m hitting the bolster and if I do, I’m not sliding down into my seat on that part of the bolster. Saying that as an excuse defending the crap material used in that area is dumb because that isn’t something that should be happening with so few miles.

Reactions: CarlosM85

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
My back/ass isn’t numb. I know if I’m hitting the bolster and if I do, I’m not sliding down into my seat on that part of the bolster. Saying that as an excuse defending the crap material used in that area is dumb because that isn’t something that should be happening with so few miles.
It is crap material, but it doesn't exactly do that on it's own. ;)

Reactions: birdman

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree that it seems like crap quality. No argument there (which is another reason why i prefer cloth in a cheaper car) but people saying 'I don't rub the bolster' when there are clear stress marks is complete BS. Getting in and out of a car is such a mundane task that we often don't think about it. This is very reminiscent of the steering wheel thread.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its pretty much impossible to not rub on the bolster when trying to get into the seat. I set my seat to the lowest position. well ya, that's somewhat what I m saying, 11,000km and the leather is gone. meh.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That sucks, I need to check my seat also. My dads RDX had a similar thing happen, the wear came back even after they replaced the seat cover under warranty.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It's a relatively inexpensive car (for what you get), I don't know what people don't understand about this... and it doesn't wear like that magically all by itself, if it's wearing it's because you rub it getting in and out of the car, simples. I mean it's a decent bolster it sticks out.

"but I'm not rubbing that spot!!" - Yes you are.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's a relatively inexpensive car (for what you get), I don't know what people don't understand about this... and it doesn't wear like that magically all by itself, if it's wearing it's because you rub it getting in and out of the car, simples. I mean it's a decent bolster it sticks out.

"but I'm not rubbing that spot!!" - Yes you are.
Obviously a bolster is a high contact area. However I can physically show anyone how I get in and out of my car and it’ll show that I rarely touch that particular spot. The rest of the bolster, obviously. And being an inexpensive car isn’t an excuse for this to happen with only 6500 miles. Sorry, that’s just a bullshit cop out. You may be okay with it, but I for one would like the car to look good well on through 100k miles and if my seat is already starting to look like this, I have little hope for how it’ll look in 6-7 years

·
Registered
92 Posts
This

Obviously a bolster is a high contact area. However I can physically show anyone how I get in and out of my car and it’ll show that I rarely touch that particular spot. The rest of the bolster, obviously. And being an inexpensive car isn’t an excuse for this to happen with only 6500 miles. Sorry, that’s just a bullshit cop out. You may be okay with it, but I for one would like the car to look good well on through 100k miles and if my seat is already starting to look like this, I have little hope for how it’ll look in 6-7 years

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Again, nobody is saying Hyundai doesn't use crap materials. But that just doesn't do that on it's own. I mean, if I stare at my seats long enough will they just suddenly burst into flames? Sounds almost as ridiculous. It's a rub mark, from getting in and out of the car. Pretty simple.

Same deal with the mystery steering wheel issue that I still don't have at 29k.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.