Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone else have issues with their leather seats? The color comes away easily and I only have 12000 kms on it. First time I went to the dealer they just put leather protectant on it. Now the passenger seat has same issue.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey does anyone else have issues with their leather seats? The color comes away easily and I only have 12000 kms on it. First time I went to the dealer they just put leather protectant on it. Now the passenger seat has same issue.
Had mine since August/18 40k kms on it already, I'm 250lbs and my seats look good, do you use leather cleaner? Massage it in so it soaks into the leather

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What leather cleaner/protection do you use? Also I'm a out 200lbs , could be the way I get in and out of the car

·
Registered
140 Posts
What leather cleaner/protection do you use? Also I'm a out 200lbs , could be the way I get in and out of the car
If you're taller try to bring the seat all the way down so you don't rub, I'm assuming your left side of the seatlooking bad?

I just use Armour All for my seats I do them bi weekly ish. I just massage in with a micro fiber cloth, don't pour it immediately the little holes will get black and look like a checker board

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
327 Posts
I am using Autoobsessed product line:
- OBSSSSD Leather Cleaner and,
- OBSSSSD™ Leather Conditioner for matte leather

Works wonderfully to maintain ES's matte surfaces. I am experiencing no issues with the seats (yet with 15000 Km on the car).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same issue. I'm around 15000 km, bought mine in June 2018. The driver's side backseat side cusion, where I brush against it when I get in and out of the car is showing wear on the leading edge.

I've looked into seat covers, but they are all garbage or way too expensive. I'm going to try applying leather conditioner every week now to see if that will help.

Otherwise, I might try to design something that will cover just that side cushion in stealth mode! The rest of the seat looks great!

I'm open to any other ideas!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts