Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I put a roof spoiler on that has a brake light and disabled the one in the window.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's tempting, but I'm trying to stay as close to stock as possible. I used the bulb below and it works perfectly, but when the car is started, I get the yellow exclamation mark in the triangle and a message to check the high mount stop light. Swapped to the OG bulb and pressed the brake pedal and the alert went away. Anyone know why?

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's tempting, but I'm trying to stay as close to stock as possible. I used the bulb below and it works perfectly, but when the car is started, I get the yellow exclamation mark in the triangle and a message to check the high mount stop light. Swapped to the OG bulb and pressed the brake pedal and the alert went away. Anyone know why?
i don't see "the bulb below" but since LED bulbs draw far less power than traditional bulbs. while it will function fine the car will think the bulb is burned out due to the lack of power its using and throw an error warning. these systems are usually in place to let you know a key bulb is out and for you to check. i don't know the best way to take care of this specific situation, but i'll be looking into it further since i'd like to find a brighter option for my rear window brake light as my tint really cuts down on the brightness, and i'd like the "instant on/off" of an LED to match my LED tail lights.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't see "the bulb below" but since LED bulbs draw far less power than traditional bulbs. while it will function fine the car will think the bulb is burned out due to the lack of power its using and throw an error warning. these systems are usually in place to let you know a key bulb is out and for you to check. i don't know the best way to take care of this specific situation, but i'll be looking into it further since i'd like to find a brighter option for my rear window brake light as my tint really cuts down on the brightness, and i'd like the "instant on/off" of an LED to match my LED tail lights.

Oops. See below:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721FNCWP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used the below ones for the blinkers and it works just fine. Plug and play. I wonder if there is one that puts out a higher voltage for the high mount.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DHG5YTH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
You need a 5ohm resistor in line for the light to stay off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts