Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone... quick question. If I swap out the turn signal bulbs for LEDs, will it hyperflash? And if so, is there a replacement module for it for the fusebox, or am I stuck with it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Hi, everyone... quick question. If I swap out the turn signal bulbs for LEDs, will it hyperflash? And if so, is there a replacement module for it for the fusebox, or am I stuck with it?

Thanks.
It will and you can fix it with a resistor. A few people have done it, I haven't.

·
Registered
44 Posts
These cars do not have a flasher relay. The flashing is controlled by the BCM. You will need a 6 Ohm 12 V Resistor on each light. I personally recommend VLEDs drop-in replacement lights.

·
Registered
229 Posts
These cars do not have a flasher relay. The flashing is controlled by the BCM. You will need a 6 Ohm 12 V Resistor on each light. I personally recommend VLEDs drop-in replacement lights.
Have a link?

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Are there LED replacement bulbs that have built in load balance resistors?

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
KaTur 7528 1157 BAY15D 1016 1034 94 Amber LED Bulbs 2835 42SMD 12V Lens LED Turn Signal Light with Canbus Decoder Error Free 50W 8ohm Load Resistors Harness Set (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B072JMH25T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_hhtVzbW8Z8B05

KaTur 7056 1156 BA15S 1141 P21W Amber LED Bulbs 2835 42SMD 12V Lens LED Turn Signal Light with Canbus Decoder Error Free 50W 8ohm Load Resistors Harness Set (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MXXAQLO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_PitVzb768KAFQ
So are these bulbs direct replacement (no other parts/decoders needed) or do they still need resistors? I'm looking to take the stock halogen bulbs out, put LED bulbs in and that's it. With no hyper flash.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So are these bulbs direct replacement (no other parts/decoders needed) or do they still need resistors? I'm looking to take the stock halogen bulbs out, put LED bulbs in and that's it. With no hyper flash.

Honestly

I would recommend putting load resistors on both front and back.....and then getting some Sylvania Zevo Super Bright Bulbs

I did it on my ES and it was not as difficult as I thought. I just took a chance an did it, did not burn a signal fuse on the process BTW.

For the
Front 2357 Part Number 2357ALED.BP2
Rear 1156 Part Number 1156LED.BP2

Load Resistor X 2 Part Number LOADRBX2

Would recommend some 3M mounting tape as well for the load equalizers

I will post some pics of how I got it done....I was really content with this process

I have done this for the rear turn signals on my TT Q50, Lexus ISF and my old school truck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I spliced the wires and connected them to the load resistor to ensure it was creating that heat signature. Once it did was it was supposed to do then I used quick splice connector and taped around them .

I know it maybe a bit over board but I rather caution it than be sorry. I have attached some pics as well since I haven't seen any on the form. I can also tell you which colored wires I spliced for the front if anyone is interested. I have been running it like this since I bought the car a month ago and no issues.

I have attached a picture of what two wires you have to tap on the rear tail lights to prevent hyper flash.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts