Votes: 16 21.9%
  • 34+

Votes: 39 53.4%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious how old the forum goers and Elantra sport owners are. Please add to the poll.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I turn 21 next week.

·
Registered
214 Posts
i just turned 34+ lol, this is a sedan, teens will go with coupes. just like my previous car was a coupe 10 years ago.
i dont think thats so much true with teens nowadays. when i was in my teens (late 90s) we definitely wanted the coupes (civics tegs celicas eclipses) but i dont think teens who are into cars today have cared as much about that in the last 5 years or so. at least my observations. along with the fact that coupes in general have drastically declined in popularity since i was a teenager/early 20s.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i just turned 34+ lol, this is a sedan, teens will go with coupes. just like my previous car was a coupe 10 years ago.
Coupe??? Blah! Usually just as long and about as heavy as the sedan version now days, minus all practicality. I say if you don't want a 2 seater, just get a sedan. The coupes are just bad at everything. With a few exceptions of course.

Almost 21 here.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I turned 20 in August. The ES is my third car and loving every bit of it. My first car was an 04 Acura TSX 6MT, second was a 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T GT (with brembos, 19" wheels and LSD from factory), it was also 6MT.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very surprised by the statistics. While this forum represents a small portion of the Elantra sport market, it still holds some weight and disproved my thoughts of a younger crowd for this car. I agree that the younger crowd may be more attracted to the coupes. I'd imagine we wouldn't see the same poll numbers if this question were asked of the new civic turbo crowd.

I was under the impression that with the incredibly attractive price point and all that is offered for this car, it would draw in a younger crowd with respectively less money to spend...looking for the most bang for the buck. I think the Genesis started to attract that demographic and create some awareness around Hyundai's "potential", but when I think baseline performance/sport vehicle, Elantra doesn't come to mind and it may take some time for that to build steam.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kudos to Hyundai paying respect to offering a manual trans.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My main reasons for going with the ES: price, warranty, excellent previous experience with Hyundai, the engine, good automatic transmission and handling, MPG, support for double-din aftermarket head units, solid chassis, and it looking like the best basis for modding to my liking. And although I really don't care too much about how a car looks, I also happened to like the looks of the ES better than all its competitors; it has a stealthiness and clean, business-like appearance, which are more important to me than simply looking good. It has all kinds of potential as a sleeper car. But it also doesn't surprise me that it appeals to a younger crowd, as well, for many of the same reasons that appealed to me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am almost 38, and the clean, Euro like lines turned me on. The new Civics are just too much going on like 3 different designers took a stab at it. The interior is super German like, the slick TFT center screen reminds me of VW, very impressive little details that I like about this car..Oh yeah it is super sleeper and one can fly under the radar. I think this is a very underrated car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts