Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I’m new to this forum, so first off, cheers to all. I used to own a brand new out of the lot 2017 Elantra Sport. The car was great but sadly due to personal reasons, I lost it. Then, this year I got myself an Elantra GT 2018, the 5 Door. It’s great and I love it, I already did my muffler delete and my intake system on it. (Custom made.) but today I encountered an issue, I was doing a rather long highway pull, when I stayed in 5th gear too long, the car instantly went into limp mode and had happened before (I get distracted easily) but this time when I shut off the engine, the famous CEL came on. That hadn’t happened before. I got home, drove softly and carefully, let the car cool off and everything. I’m genuinely concerned of what might’ve tripped the CEL. The car only has 16k miles on it. Could it be perhaps an Oxygen Sensor? Idk, any info or tips would help. Please stay safe out there.
Cheers,
- 5DoorGT.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Take it to advance or autozone and find out what the code is for. You should hopefully be able to reset it and itll b fine. I did an induction service last month and the cel went nuts. After cooling down and driving it reset.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Buy a ~$20 bluetooth OBD reader off Amazon and download the Torque Pro app. Can read/erase codes to your heart's content. Super handy for knowing what tripped the light within minutes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buy a ~$20 bluetooth OBD reader off Amazon and download the Torque Pro app. Can read/erase codes to your heart's content. Super handy for knowing what tripped the light within minutes.
I’ll definitely look into one now more than ever. Hadn’t thought about it either, thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts