Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to change to a wider, smaller diameter wheel so I can fit a bigger tire on the car. I'm thinking about upgrading to 235s or maybe a bit higher, and downsizing to 17". What other specs do I need to keep in mind to make sure I can get an aftermarket wheel and tire on there at that size? Offsets, bolt patterns, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Is going to largely depend on the suspension. If you plan on staying with the stock suspension, then anything in the 8" wide bracket with offsets in the 45-50mm range would be ideal. A 235 will fit that just fine. I am currently running 18x8 +45 with 235/40's and have rubbing issues but I am lowered quite a bit on coilovers. I will soon switch to a 245/40 and will raise the car to prevent rubbing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is going to largely depend on the suspension. If you plan on staying with the stock suspension, then anything in the 8" wide bracket with offsets in the 45-50mm range would be ideal. A 235 will fit that just fine. I am currently running 18x8 +45 with 235/40's and have rubbing issues but I am lowered quite a bit on coilovers. I will soon switch to a 245/40 and will raise the car to prevent rubbing.
Good to know. Would a 17x8.5 +40 fit on stock ride height? I want to have my wheels stick out between half an inch and one inch for personal preference. I basically just want a wider and thicker tire on a smaller diameter wheel with the same width, so what size do you think would work?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Good to know. Would a 17x8.5 +40 fit on stock ride height? I want to have my wheels stick out between half an inch and one inch for personal preference. I basically just want a wider and thicker tire on a smaller diameter wheel with the same width, so what size do you think would work?
I'm not a fan of wheels that pole out of the fenders so can't really help you there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.