Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Just bought a 18 Elantra Sport automatic with the premium pack in electric blue. Fun little car. Traded in my 15 Fusion Titanium AWD 2.0 ecoboost I bought as a water damage salvage car. Had nothing but problems out of it and with the recent recall over the steering wheel randomly coming off pushed me over the edge. I was pleasantly surprised with the performance and features of this little car. It actually seems quicker than my Fusion. Luckly all the incentives brought the price down enough to cover quite a bit of my negative equity. Anyways thanks for creating this forum and letting me in lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
How is the DCT? I've been floating around either getting a manual or auto.
I love my DCT! Keep in mind it's not a true automatic as there is no torque converter fluid coupling. The DCT has dual dry clutches, so it's basically a manual that is automatically shifted.

Had a friend in the car and he commented that he had never felt an automatic downshift before LOL.

I also love the paddle shifters. I find the shifts are pretty much instantaneous.

Fun to drive when you want it to be and convenient when you don't want to have to think about what you are doing - like on the commute home after a long day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the DCT pretty good so far. Paddle shifters are quick enough to satisfy me during spirited romps. A MT would have been nice but not practical for me. My wife couldn't drive it and I think all the clutching and rowing would get old during my commute.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I get the feeling I am the only person in the world that doesn't mind a MT in traffic. :p
I don't mind it either, but I've been driving manuals for a couple decades so I don't even notice. I also take the bus most of the time, so I really don't notice! Lol. But even when I drive in traffic, the manual really doesn't bother me, it's like breathing, you don't notice you're doing it unless you focus on it.

I strayed from manuals on my last car, a Camry V6, and I really didn't like it. Yeah, it was easier in traffic, but the car basically drove itself, I may as well have been on the bus. It was super boring. The DCTs are better than torque converter autos, but still prefer a 3rd pedal to paddle shifters and DCTs are relatively unproven vs. a manual.

As long as I can physically drive manuals and they're offered in cars I want and can afford, I will always pick the manual. I don't care if the DCTs are faster. My stock Camry V6 was faster than most of the modded Elantra Sports in here, but it was boring compared to the Elantra Sport manual.

Most people nowadays can't even drive manuals, so if you can drive one, and you're still on the fence....GET THE MANUAL while you can. We're heading towards self driving cars, an automatic is just one step closer, and I'm holding out as long as I can.

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
137 Posts
Most people nowadays can't even drive manuals...
I've had a few instances in the past (not with the ES) where an attendant at a car wash couldn't drive my car so they had to get someone else to pull it forward.
That is one thing I don't like about having a manual, I don't trust attendants and valets to drive it properly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.