Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I got my solenoid in and I put it on as per the directions from sxth and my car accelerates a **** of a lot slower than before. Anyone know why? Maybe the Intercooler hose and BOV hose are backward? Also, The hoses won't go all the way over the stem on the solenoid just the nipple so its harder for me to get the clamp all the way on there tightly, ant suggestions? I will post pics tomorrow when I get to work and hook it back up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay either im an idiot or the directions are backward. Because I switched the BOV port and Intercooler port and now it accelerates normal again and i get a cool flutter noise too. I dont know if its supposed to do that though lol. The hose still doesnt go over the port all the way which bothers me but what are you gonna do lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, when I hook it up the way the directions tell me I have no power. So whats the problem? it cant be the solenoid because clearly it works if its put on the otherway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay I believe I figured out the problem. One of the prongs on the inside of the solenoid side of the connector was pushed down a little farther than the other side causing it to have a bad connection. I pulled the connector back to the right length and I switched the hoses back as per the directions and it no longer had acceleration issues, my CEL went away and since I switched the hoses back there isn't any more turbo flutter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.