Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorrry for all the stupid questions. I’m looking to buy it soon so have a few questions

Does the Elantra sport have a on board maintanance minder which tells you when you need service and what kind of service?

Also does it have tpms? Is it sensor in wheel system or the abs detection system where no sensors need in the wheel.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The ES has TPMS - you can view the pressure values after you drive the car for a bit. I can't speak to the sensor location.

The ES has an onboard maintenance reminder - you can set it by mileage or duration. myHyundai will also email you once it is set up (Blue Link).

If you really want to, read up on the owner's manual:

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/myhyunda...uals/2017/ELANTRA/2017_hyundai_elantra_om.pdf

Good luck!

·
Registered
229 Posts
The service reminders are more where you set it to remind you to service your car (probably oil change) every however many miles and it'll countdown to it. I change mine every 4k and I know my multiples so I'm good.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The maintenance reminders are infuriating. The ES has 6000 OCIs and that is how I have it set in the gauges - reminder every 6000. However, BlueLink reminds me at 7500 and there is no way to turn off the notifications that I know of. I've searched the website, called them at least 5 times.. they tell me I just have to press the button and say "Bluelink service completed" and that seems to work. Still, it would be nice if this could be disabled or if they'd at least set the right interval for this model.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The ES has TPMS - you can view the pressure values after you drive the car for a bit.
According to the owners manual: "When the tire pressure monitoring system warning indicators are illuminated and the warning message is displayed on the cluster LCD display, one or more of your tires is significantly under-inflated. The LCD position indicator will indicate which tire is significantly under-inflated by illuminating the corresponding position light."

If you have been able to view tire pressures without the TPMS warning light being on please explain how to do it. Thanks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
According to the owners manual: "When the tire pressure monitoring system warning indicators are illuminated and the warning message is displayed on the cluster LCD display, one or more of your tires is significantly under-inflated. The LCD position indicator will indicate which tire is significantly under-inflated by illuminating the corresponding position light."

If you have been able to view tire pressures without the TPMS warning light being on please explain how to do it. Thanks.
Chapter 6, page 9 of the aforementioned pdf manual. The pressure does not need to be low in order to view the current pressure values. iirc you just switch the page of the center display to the service interval reminder and then toggle the page from there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Chapter 6, page 9 of the aforementioned pdf manual. The pressure does not need to be low in order to view the current pressure values. iirc you just switch the page of the center display to the service interval reminder and then toggle the page from there.
Thanks for the reference. On my car the service interval screen doesn't give me the option of toggling to any other page. :confused: Could I be doing something wrong?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I do not believe Canadian cars have that ability.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I do not believe Canadian cars have that ability.
You are correct. As I discovered from looking at the owners manual for my car (rather than the PDF version of the US manual I had been relying on) the Canadian Elantra does not display tire pressures. If the TPMS detects low tire pressure a warning light will come on and a warning message will be displayed in the information screen. Determining which tire needs air will require checking each one with a pressure gauge. How old fashioned!:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.